Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
With just a week away until we officially start the competition (though you probably wouldn't even care until we get higher up the listing,) let us take a look at the Extra Preliminary Round, where we will see our tier 9 and 10 teams fight for the right to go to the next round. The winner here gets a significant £1,500, which is a very good amount for clubs at this level, possibly even game changing.

The Extra Preliminary Round hosts 368 teams (so 184 matches in total). Because of the size of the teams concerned, teams are ideally matched up against other local teams. So expect to see a few intra-league games between sides at this level, as marked in red. Green matches are those matches between the same league group, but different divisions (think of it as a PL team taking on a Champ. team.)

Here are all the fixtures! Pick a small team to support, just like in previous years!

All times are in EAST.

upload_2016-7-28_16-13-20.png

The real deal starts next week... the serious deal... a couple of months later at least.

Have at it! (Or not)

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
Probably a round too early for the teams I heard of over there

Is that in reference to the above teams, or the big ones like Darlo and Wealestone?

Sevenoaks is Match 130, and Cockfosters is Match 107.

I'll go Maine Road

The sky is blue. Of course Man City fans would support Maine Road, lol.

West Didsbury and Chorlton AFC... Need to support the local team.

Not sure if fully legit, or just an excuse to knock out the fan-owned Liverpool team. Do tell!

I probably should note that the draw for the next round is up, but I'll load that up once the winners are determined here.

Sporting Khalsa was the team that went the furthest the last time. They're in Match 47. Can they repeat their heroics from last year?

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Didn't know you were over here. Where abouts? I used to live just off Burton Rd in West Didsbury.
Not sure if fully legit, or just an excuse to knock out the fan-owned Liverpool team. Do tell!

Legit, live in Didsbury Village, and scanned the list looking for Didsbury and came up with them.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Is that in reference to the above teams, or the big ones like Darlo and Wealestone?

Sevenoaks is Match 130, and Cockfosters is Match 107.

The sky is blue. Of course Man City fans would support Maine Road, lol.

I probably should note that the draw for the next round is up, but I'll load that up once the winners are determined here.

Sporting Khalsa was the team that went the furthest the last time. They're in Match 47. Can they repeat their heroics from last year?
Wealdstone as one. But also a few others in the southern league would have rung a bell but most those ones dont

Legit, live in Didsbury Village, and scanned the list looking for Didsbury and came up with them.
You're putting a decent squad together there. Better get down there, you might be in the XI for the first match.

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
Finally, all the results have finally been determined! Coventry United (At this rate, not going to be long before City and United play off in the same league) won the verdict after their replay was abandoned due to a sprained neck and floodlights.

Here are the results:
upload_2016-8-18_9-45-47.png

Maine Road gets through, while Leicester Road and Sporting Khalsa (The heroes last FA Cup) have gotten through, while Bodmin Town cuts the cheese, the Cheddar to be exact (Red Leicester is waaaaay better.)

We're now at the first preliminary round, where we will be introduced to Tier 8 sides. These matches kick off on 20th Aug:
upload_2016-8-18_9-52-37.png

There's a team you'll recognise! Stocksbridge Park Steels taking on Handsworth Parramore! Still a while to go before we can see teams that you can play as in FM.

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-18_9-24-6.png
    upload_2016-8-18_9-24-6.png
    124.9 KB · Views: 16
  • upload_2016-8-18_9-26-17.png
    upload_2016-8-18_9-26-17.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 17
Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
Sorry a bit late to this. I always go Wembley and go from there. Too late?
Wembley got a good win against Daventry Town (4-0 in fact) [Tie 109]

They are in Tie 97 against Spartan South Midlands rivals in Harefield United this round.

The winner will play the winner of Tie 83, which is AFC Kempston Rovers vs Oxhey Jets on the weekend of September 3.

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
Oh blooming hell, I'm a little late.

Ahem, the results of the Prelim Round:
upload_2016-9-7_15-8-52.png

Halstead Town the big one over Thurrock as the 10th tier side and 10 of their brothers move on to the First Qualifying Round. Lewes belting the hell out of 10th tier Redhill, the minnows never stood a chance.

Yes, I know the games were played over the weekend, but the full results will not be published.

The First Qualifying Round:
upload_2016-9-7_15-11-49.png

I know some of the results are out, but this is here to just keep the suspense. The results will be uploaded on the weekend once all replays have been played.

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-7_14-48-2.png
    upload_2016-9-7_14-48-2.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 17
Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
Now that all the replays have been played, here are the final results of the First Qualifying Round:
upload_2016-9-9_9-36-0.png

Bad news, Leicester Road, the last Tier 10 team has been knocked out by Kirby of Leicestershire. We've got 23 Tier 9 teams left. Oldest Club Sheffield FC got knocked out by Farsley Celtic. Maine Road fell to Burscough in a thriller, and the Rooks got pawned by a Golf Course.

Now we move on to a level that should be very familiar to anyone that has done a Tier 6 challenge in FM (The lowest level without database edits), the 2nd Qualifying Round:
upload_2016-9-9_9-42-43.png

Halifax Town have a very comfortable match against Tier 9 Ashton Atheletic. Kirby and his Star Warriors are welcoming the Boston Celtics for a good game. WealstoneRaider 's team is taking on Histon, the bots from South Park take on Leiston, and the pride of Cornwall takes on Winchester City.

Matches will be played on 17th Sep, with the latest replay to be played by 22nd Sep.

Back