Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely this. Football is about winning trophies.

I know whose history I'd much rather in the last 10 years between us and Chelsea's. And it's not ours.

You don't get it. You're Aussie. You're not an old battered English ***** like me so you're wrong.

It's all about style. Tottenham >>> Arsenal >> Chelsea. Trophies are completely irrelevant.

Welchy can't you go and argue with Claude or something, don't make us suffer through all your dribble.
Harsh. Claude speaks sense and has a rough year or so.
Maybe Ty instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a lot of you don't understand is that English people by and large go to the football to be entertained. That's why clubs like Spurs and West Ham have retained a large supporter base over the years despite winning virtually **** all. A culture exists at these clubs where playing with style is paramount- because people expect to be entertained on a Saturday afternoon. Man Utd have this culture also but managed to combine it with winning trophies on a regular basis. Arsenal didn't have this culture until Wenger arrived - there culture was pragmatic football built on good defending. Spurs fans wouldn't go for that even if it meant winning league titles. In many ways your personality dictated what team you chose to support. Chelsea's culture was a flamboyant one also but it turned into a culture of violence through bad ownership and relegation to the lower leagues. Chelsea fans were generally violent, racist thugs (still are to a lesser degree). In many ways the club is trying to find its new identity, but I think it has become in many ways the new (old) Arsenal - a winning mentality built on pragmatic football. Look I don't expect you to understand all this being Aussies, but that's how it is over here.
Yeah, I bet all the Hammers fan loved the hoofball they played under Fat Sam. :rolleyes::drunk:

The Tottenham way is the glory game you fool.

It's been lost obviously over the years into being pretty losers but that's not what Bill nich was about at all

“Any player coming to Spurs whether he’s a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing.”

Must hate losing. Bill Nich knew it was about winning. That said from 5th Round and 3rd to 1st-2nd and SF is still progress and that's all we can ask for.

what on earth is the _________ way for any club?

one of the most nauseating phrases ever.
I don't mind clubs having a DNA or way they like to go about it. But it's WR's misinterpretation of what our way is. A lot of pom Spurs fans have it wrong but because they're born there think they know better.

Our way was never about losing pretty. The 90s we did that endlessly and that's not what the club and Poch want to achieve at all.

I don't mind clubs having a DNA or way they like to go about it. But it's WR's misinterpretation of what our way is. A lot of pom Spurs fans have it wrong but because they're born there think they know better.

Our way was never about losing pretty. The 90s we did that endlessly and that's not what the club and Poch want to achieve at all.
it's rubbish. what people really mean is winning football.

massively pretentious phrase that has no real meaning.

You don't think Barca have a different style to Madrid?

Or united to Arsenal?
styles change. and they always refer to successful periods. so it's winning football.

managers have styles, clubs just play to it while they're there. lucho's football is different to pep's football. so why is one 'barca dna' and one isn't?

styles change. and they always refer to successful periods. so it's winning football.

managers have styles, clubs just play to it while they're there. lucho's football is different to pep's football. so why is one 'barca dna' and one isn't?
The Barca style hasn't changed a whole lot since cruyff's influence. It's taught through their youth football all the way through to the main side. Not all clubs do have set ways they like to play football but it's fair to say some do like to play certain ways.

The Barca style hasn't changed a whole lot since cruyff's influence. It's taught through their youth football all the way through to the main side. Not all clubs do have set ways they like to play football but it's fair to say some do like to play certain ways.
yes but believing that every version of barca should play the same way is overkill. i'll admit for some that it is prevalent, that there is an underlying style in place but in the end every club wants to see winning football. no madrid fans are complaining about zinedine pulis' style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back