Remove this Banner Ad

yes but believing that every version of barca should play the same way is overkill. i'll admit for some that it is prevalent, that there is an underlying style in place but in the end every club wants to see winning football. no madrid fans are complaining about zinedine pulis' style.
Madrid don't have a style. But they do have a galactico way imo regardless of what goes on tactic wise.

Not saying every Barca side looks the same but if they ever went far away from the natural way it'd be a recipe for disaster. Just like Moyes and LvG were at United

I don't mind the whole "having a playing style" thing. We play a similar way right through the age groups and I think that will serve us well.

What shits me to tears is a refusal to adapt that style to best suit the game situation. Be a bit pragmatic and realise there is a time and a place to reign it in and keep the other team from scoring.

I do think people make too much of a style of play. Bad defending annoys me even more than bad forward play. And I've never walked away from a losd feeling pleased because we were tge more attractive side. For me I wouldnt want us to go the whole Chelsea but a step or two towards their organisation and structure and solidity in defence wouldnt hurt at all.

because chelsea are the most efficient team in the league. that's why they're on for the double. everyone else has too many nearly moments. fernandinho and delph nearly scored last night. chelsea score them.

Was the same a couple of years back when we won the title. Our players are pretty clutch.

Arsenal, Everton and us are all in a similar position for shots taken and goals scored this season.

The Tottenham way is the glory game you fool.

It's been lost obviously over the years into being pretty losers but that's not what Bill nich was about at all
It's about winning with style actually. Bill Nick knew it was more than just winning. Same thing goes at Man Utd.

Don't try to educate me from 9,500 miles away about my club. It's irritating

Tottenham are probably one of only a few clubs where the style of football is at least equal in importance to the results. That's just the way it is at Spurs, and you can argue whether that's a good or bad thing.

It is unfortunately and it is a bad thing. Advocated in the lead up to the match at Anfield that we should sit deep, park the bus and get the 3 pts that bottom sides had been doing (which'd have us 1pt off the top right now). Was shot down by my UK compatriots for suggesting we don't play with flair and verve etc that we're known for.

To me, it seems moronic, would rather win ugly than lose with style.
Not on a full time basis of course but on specific occasions pragmatism is required.
Our way doesn't work at Anfield and thick morons are happy to continue to see us play that way at that ground. Does my head in.

It's about winning with style actually. Bill Nick knew it was more than just winning. Same thing goes at Man Utd.

Don't try to educate me from 9,500 miles away about my club. It's irritating
Winning with style. Winning. Not losing with style like you and other muppets over there have accepted and tried to adapt as our way for the past 30 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is unfortunately and it is a bad thing. Advocated in the lead up to the match at Anfield that we should sit deep, park the bus and get the 3 pts that bottom sides had been doing (which'd have us 1pt off the top right now). Was shot down by my UK compatriots for suggesting we don't play with flair and verve etc that we're known for.

To me, it seems moronic, would rather win ugly than lose with style.
Not on a full time basis of course but on specific occasions pragmatism is required.
Our way doesn't work at Anfield and thick morons are happy to continue to see us play that way at that ground. Does my head in.
100% this. Not saying park the ******* bus against Bournemouth and nick wins. Just play smart and win a trophy or the league and to do that we need to be more adaptable

Does where he comes from even matter?

If so why are you on an Aussie site?
It's just the English way to accept mediocrity and actually change facts to suit their narrative. its clear as day he is just salty after our loss. If he is so caught up on style he should really want Poch sacked since his emphasis since taking over the club is making us the hardest to score against. But of course he doesn't that doesn't suit his current agenda

Winning with style. Winning. Not losing with style like you and other muppets over there have accepted and tried to adapt as our way for the past 30 years
You can cry about it all you want but it's the punters who pay the money to watch the team that count and they demand a certain brand of football.

Does where he comes from even matter?

If so why are you on an Aussie site?
It matters when someone tries to lecture about something that you obviously have far more understanding and knowledge about than they do. People need to be more respectful

You can cry about it all you want but it's the punters who pay the money to watch the team that count and they demand a certain brand of football.
And that style is WINNING with style. That's the part you keep missing. I agree that we should never be a Pulis style team for the most part. But at the end of the day winning is what Poch and the fans should strive for. How we do it is going to be different against different opposition. That's just common sense really. No point playing the same way against Sunderland as we would against Bayern or Barca. Or away at city and Liverpool ffs.

Are you telling me the 40+ thousand Spurs punters there on the weekend would leave disgusted if we won 1-0 parking the bus? Lol yeah right

And that style is WINNING with style. That's the part you keep missing. I agree that we should never be a Pulis style team for the most part. But at the end of the day winning is what Poch and the fans should strive for. How we do it is going to be different against different opposition. That's just common sense really. No point playing the same way against Sunderland as we would against Bayern or Barca. Or away at city and Liverpool ffs.

Are you telling me the 40+ thousand Spurs punters there on the weekend would leave disgusted if we won 1-0 parking the bus? Lol yeah right
No I'm not trying to tell you that, you are taking my point to an extreme just to prove your point. We want to win playing the Spurs way, but obviously that is not always going to happen. My whole point was that I was proud of the way we took the game to Chelsea, and were the ones playing progressive football. I just empathised that is what the club is about and explained the historic importance of that. Some people love to twist what I say in here

No I'm not trying to tell you that, you are taking my point to an extreme just to prove your point. We want to win playing the Spurs way, but obviously that is not always going to happen. My whole point was that I was proud of the way we took the game to Chelsea, and were the ones playing progressive football. I just empathised that is what the club is about and explained the historic importance of that. Some people love to twist what I say in here
You're whole point started at Chelsea choosing to play anti football. Then I told you that discredited our good work by out playing. Then you decided because they have more money they should be ashamed of being outplayed in possession % despite being just as threatening as us. Then you wanted to say you'd rather us play the Tottenham way and that losing pretty on the weekend was ok.

And there's no real coming back from that. We lost a very good semi final either side could have walked away winners of that game. They're just better at being ruthless and getting that result than us. It's ok to admit they're better than us and not make excuses about money or style etc.

End of the day the game of football is about winning. And the Tottenham way is about winning with style. No point doing one without the other is what I'm saying especially in a cup semi final against a stronger team.

You're whole point started at Chelsea choosing to play anti football. Then I told you that discredited our good work by out playing. Then you decided because they have more money they should be ashamed of being outplayed in possession % despite being just as threatening as us. Then you wanted to say you'd rather us play the Tottenham way and that losing pretty on the weekend was ok.

And there's no real coming back from that. We lost a very good semi final either side could have walked away winners of that game. They're just better at being ruthless and getting that result than us. It's ok to admit they're better than us and not make excuses about money or style etc.

End of the day the game of football is about winning. And the Tottenham way is about winning with style. No point doing one without the other is what I'm saying especially in a cup semi final against a stronger team.
I'm not getting in to this all again. The game is done, no more needs to be said.

Just be proud of your team. And stop ragging on Poch every time we lose a game. That's all

I'm not getting in to this all again. The game is done, no more needs to be said.

Just be proud of your team. And stop ragging on Poch every time we lose a game. That's all
That's pups who loses it every time at Poch. I've given him the benefit of the doubt and still hope he can improve. But just like I'll call out our players I'll call out our manager when he *s up too

******* Hell. Why did he come back? All that's happened since he came back was he's argued with numerous different users. It was so pleasant until yesterday morning.
Now arguing amongst his own kind. You tell me, would you be happy to see the Socceroos park the bus and win the World Cup or play with flair and go out at the group stage (not even assured of getting there yet btw).

99/100 would say the former without hesitation. 1/100 is probably an Englishman ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back