Team selections will be interesting for the derby.

United have Liverpool (a), Fenerbahce (h), Chelsea (a) and then the cup game in 9 days.

We have Everton (h), Barca (a), Southampton (h) and then the cup game in an 11 day period.

Imagine there will be plenty of rotation.

Just caught a few highlights of our game. Not much I can take from them, but it was so refreshing to see some fringe and younger members of the squad get a chance to play senior footy. This wasn't happening under Pellegrini and it pissed me off no end.

3 teenagers started, an 18 year old and 17 year old got a few minutes. All of them have spent (varying levels of) time playing in our youth teams and it must have been such a big boost to everyone at the academy to see a small pathway like that.

Especially pleased for Garcia with his goal and MOM performance. I think he'll play a bit of senior footy for us this season especially with Yaya being Seluk'd and Delph injury problems. Also very excited to see Brahim get his first senior minutes. Only turned 17 last month but it's only a matter of time for him.

I'd love to see us go in with the same approach in the derby but I think we might go in with a few more senior players.

All i can take from our game is that Carrick, Herrera and Poggles should be the starting 3 in midfield

And this photo

mf_kCoYbcJY7VMBWnJ8DqqwDLM_GoWNH1A88AFTEGK8.jpg

The fact he's still playing well at his age says more about Terry than the club tbh.
The point I was trying to make and perfectly illustrated with Luiz on the weekend is more about the rest being average, so much so that you're desperate to get a 36yo back asap.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
We'l ll be playing the likes of Ings / Lucas / Grujic so its not certain by any means. Ming will play too.

Doubt the likes of Coutinho / Firmino / Mane / Matip & Co will play.
It will be, you'll be far closer to full strength than we will be.
Midweek at Liverpool and followed by Leicester at home then a crucial tie with Leverkusen at home.

Quite possible both centre halves and both fullbacks rotated. Vorm in goal or even Lopez.
Onomah. Winks, Edwards, N'koudou to play. May only see 2-3 first team starters. Might feature a rotation mid like Wanyama and Sissoko.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Sweet.

We will probably go in full strength as we have done in the two previous rounds against Burton Albion and Derby. We have no need for rotation this season, not enough games.

Hendo suspended (he got a yellow on purpose) and can see Moreno + Klavan getting starts. Sturridge will most likely play 90.

Back