Remove this Banner Ad

Stoke was in the relegation zone last month. Have only started being decent recently.

We've hardly been better. :p

We lost 4-1 to Arsenal, 5-1 to Liverpool and 2-0 to Chelsea last month.

I will give you credit though. With the lack of numbers in the squad, You are having a great cup run.

You make Rafa sad with this comment. :D
rafa-benitez-crying.jpg

Well in Alexander-Arnold (he's got to sort that surname out, never getting a song with that mouthful).

Was hoping for one of the young full backs to step up given it's the one position (right back in particular) where we don't have an obvious, quality senior player there as back up at present. He looks agile, quick feet, composure on the ball, looking forward to seeing more of him as the season progresses.

You make Rafa sad with this comment. :D
rafa-benitez-crying.jpg
Hey now, I'd be more than pleased to see a Rafa win, especially after the crap he endured last season. It's just that for Leicester's best interests, a team in red wins if we want at least a little Euro action (that is of course subject to our performances, mind.)

Newcastle seem a lot more likeable this season, even though they look set to dominate the Championship. Just don't think about getting 102 points (or more), alright, and then we're cool.

:( All this talk as if Toon are already through.

They probably are, but still.

To be fair, I didn't say anything. I'd also like to see a Hull-Arsenal final should it come to that, and you guys getting some revenge, lol.

That's odd, I could've sworn there was one more big result missing in there... didn't you lose 6-1 to AC Milan? I mean, it was always going to be a tough game at their huge empty stadium.

Hey now, I'd be more than pleased to see a Rafa win, especially after the crap he endured last season. It's just that for Leicester's best interests, a team in red wins if we want at least a little Euro action (that is of course subject to our performances, mind.)

Newcastle seem a lot more likeable this season, even though they look set to dominate the Championship. Just don't think about getting 102 points (or more), alright, and then we're cool.

To be fair, I didn't say anything. I'd also like to see a Hull-Arsenal final should it come to that, and you guys getting some revenge, lol.

That's odd, I could've sworn there was one more big result missing in there... didn't you lose 6-1 to AC Milan? I mean, it was always going to be a tough game at their huge empty stadium.

That was this month. ;)

So was Chelsea (1st Oct), lol.

Oh right, but there was an International break in between. But yeah more meant the results around the time we beat Stoke in the Cup, where we actually played a lot of our seconds haha.

Oh right, but there was an International break in between. But yeah more meant the results around the time we beat Stoke in the Cup, where we actually played a lot of our seconds haha.

Ah, fair enough then!

Yeah, funny how cup games sometimes work. You can beat basically a good first team XI (West Ham) with your second XI, and then you can get swindled by some Championship bum playing their 2nd XI when you bring on your two best players because said Championship bums wanted to be stroppy little buggers and one of those players couldn't take a penalty to save his life while realising you have a handicapped grandpa in goal.

Still, at least you've got a 2nd XI now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:( All this talk as if Toon are already through.

They probably are, but still.

Don't worry mate, Rafa has been downplaying our chances. To be fair, we've actually had a pretty good draw so far - Hull is the first PL side we've come up against. Should be a good test for us.

Definite 50/50 game IMO.

Oi! Silly bunch of London campaigners. Sir Al was a visionary, you lot surely should be getting a bit more accustomed to people turning you down! :D

quote-i-ve-turned-down-barcelona-inter-milan-juventus-and-manchester-united-to-play-here-i-alan-shearer-73-25-15.jpg

Haha all good mate, I figured as much there'd be a Leicester related reason behind the logic.

As for the 102 points tally, we are 4 points better off (and 12 goals) than we were last time in the Championship after the same number of games (14). We are a bit leakier too (conceded an extra 3).

Encouraging though. ;)

I want the Geordies to win this one mate sorry :)

Would like to see Newcastle win the tournament if we can't.

Great, cos I'm hoping Leeds stuff you and we get them in the Semi.

Will be buying my manager a white rose and leaving it on his desk if we win
Expect us to rotate the squad with 11 different players. Just like last round vs Spurs.

Our team could look like this.

Woodburn-Origi-Arnold
Grujic-Stewart-Ejaria
Moreno-Lucas-Klavan-Randall
Mignolet

Expect us to rotate the squad with 11 different players. Just like last round vs Spurs.

Our team could look like this.

Woodburn-Origi-Arnold
Grujic-Stewart-Ejaria
Moreno-Lucas-Klavan-Randall
Mignolet

Yeah I'm expecting you to rotate the squad as well, though maybe not to that extent. Would've thought that Sturridge, Wijnaldum and other bench players would be getting a sniff.

Based on Gary Monk's interview yesterday, we'll be naming our first team squad and playing to win, not just be satisfied we're there. Still don't expect to, but the mood around the club is pretty good at the moment, certainly better than it has been in a long time.

Yeah I'm expecting you to rotate the squad as well, though maybe not to that extent. Would've thought that Sturridge, Wijnaldum and other bench players would be getting a sniff.

Based on Gary Monk's interview yesterday, we'll be naming our first team squad and playing to win, not just be satisfied we're there. Still don't expect to, but the mood around the club is pretty good at the moment, certainly better than it has been in a long time.
Sturridge is injured. I think we'll rest Wijnaldum because we don't know if Lallana will be fit to play vs Bournemouth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back