Remove this Banner Ad

Time to see if Phelan can do it on a cold, rainy night in Stoke.
If that minnow Pep can..

You're forgetting that it needs on be on a Tuesday as well.

Also, he never did:
_90859538_aguero_body_pa.jpg

Look dry, warm, and in the daytime over there, lol.

Stoke away, boring.

I'd say something about a Stoke v Hull match, but I shouldn't be throwing John Stones in my glass house right now.

You'd think so. But Spurs hosting Gillingham probably is

Carroll will likely be in midfield so that'll even it up ;)

But yeah that's a game for the academy kids. Might be our first chance to see Edwards in the first team.

Derby away. Decent enough draw. At this stage, you just want to avoid PL opposition, although Derby are one of the best sides in the Championship.

Not this season they aren't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leicester vs Chelsea could be interesting. Wonder what sort of team Leicester will field - they probably don't have the squad for a decent crack at Europe, the league and deep runs in the cup. Can see Chelsea putting out a pretty strong side with no Europe.
You'd expect Chelsea to go pretty strong. They would want to bounce back from the weekend. Dont they have Arsenal in the league next weekend too!

Leicester vs Chelsea could be interesting. Wonder what sort of team Leicester will field - they probably don't have the squad for a decent crack at Europe, the league and deep runs in the cup. Can see Chelsea putting out a pretty strong side with no Europe.

My expectation is 10 changes from the team v Burnley:

Zieler
Hernandez-Wasyl-Benny-Chilwell
Grey-King-Mendy-Schlupp
Ulloa-Okazaki

Since Hamer was on the bench, I expect Benny to be in there. Elliot Moore would also be in with a shout. The Bartman could play either wing or CM if one of Mendy or Schlupp is not fit enough.

I expect that Vardy, Mahrez, and Slimani to be on the bench just in case the game is there to be taken in the last 10 if its still a tie. If we're losing or somehow winning by a couple of goals, I expect more kids to get gametime (especially the Bartman).

I expect Chelsea's line up to be decently strong since they have no Euro commitments.

I really do like this 2nd XI, it shows that we have decent depth, but at the same time, I'm expecting Chelsea to give an excellent challenge on our turf.

I'd like to stay in the League Cup to help give our depth some game time, but alas, the draw wasn't favourable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back