Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not a fan; irrelevant with the FA cup and takes away from its prestige IMO. I would suggest that European qualified teams are not involved so it gives the rest of the comp a legitimate opportunity of silverware.

i think it had its place but i would like to see it adjusted or something to promote more youth from the big sides. but really, it's a trophy you dont mind winning, but dont care about getting knocked out early in.
Pretty much this.

I'm not a fan; irrelevant with the FA cup and takes away from its prestige IMO. I would suggest that European qualified teams are not involved so it gives the rest of the comp a legitimate opportunity of silverware.
In that case United back2back.

I like the league cup. Hope it carries on for a long time.
I do think there is merit in saying that the FA cup's prestige would rise if they done away with it though. I think it's had its day to be honest

It would mean the FA cup starts earlier and fixture congestion will be eased
And clubs will play lucrative overseas friendlies on spare weekends.

6 games in the comp for both finallists. It's nothing really.

Its a stupid comp, if it was prestigious every club will play its best team.
So same as the FA Cup then?
Plenty of clubs wheel out their third string sides in that and some even field weakened sides to be knocked out on purpose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he seemed really emotional after the final whistle tbh but was obviously trying hard to hold it back. After the way things ended with Chelsea and all the things that have been said abut him since I think getting an early trophy out of the way at United was huge for him, the comments he made about being relieved it was over because of the pressure he puts himself under were very telling IMO.

I like that he's acting reserved because he's not happy about the way in which we won, there's plenty of football still to play and we'll need to be better than that if we want to clinch a top four spot.

Fair play to United and Zlatan. He is incredible.

But that disallowed goal really was an awful decision. How can, what is presumably one of the top lineo's considering it's a final, make a decision that is that horrendously bad? Southampton would surely be excused for making an enquiry and asking a few questions of the officials.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back