Past #16: Aiden Bonar - drafted by GWS #11 '17 ND - traded to NM end '19 - 25 NM games - thx Bon

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice composure & decision making, and he goes when it's his turn.

You can just see he’s still finding his feet, give him 50+ games and he’s going to be a real player. He still hasn’t quite adjusted to being on an AFL ground.

Clean, big, athletic with great skills.

You can just see he’s still finding his feet, give him 50+ games and he’s going to be a real player. He still hasn’t quite adjusted to being on an AFL ground.

Clean, big, athletic with great skills.

Yep. I can see him evolving as a big inside battering ram over time. The genetics are there for it.

I don't think he'll be quick as in the AFL definition of quick, but he attacks the ball with momentum and will be hard to negate in time.

Yep. I can see him evolving as a big inside battering ram over time. The genetics are there for it.

I don't think he'll be quick as in the AFL definition of quick, but he attacks the ball with momentum and will be hard to negate in time.

Fyfe is arguably best player in game and he is not "quick" either but rolls with good, strong momentum from contest to contest.

I hope Bonar can keep building his midfield game to suit his strengths.

If we could turn him into Josh Gibson - Hawks version.. well then..
Well of course
You have answered your own question

Anyone with eyes in their head can see that this bloke is special...Did you read what he did to get thru rehab Twice

This guy wants it

personally I love a Leaping Larry
Think Archer Sholl... Guys who can play on Big and Small
One of the problems with ourHalfBacks is they have Very Ltd hand skills, they aren’t creative

Hopefully with Hayden and Bonar we have guys who can Pass and Handball and Tackle and have some Football Awareness
Keep him in

Well of course
You have answered your own question

Anyone with eyes in their head can see that this bloke is special...Did you read what he did to get thru rehab Twice

This guy wants it

personally I love a Leaping Larry
Think Archer Sholl... Guys who can play on Big and Small
One of the problems with ourHalfBacks is they have Very Ltd hand skills, they aren’t creative

Hopefully with Hayden and Bonar we have guys who can Pass and Handball and Tackle and have some Football Awareness
Keep him in
Hey Reginald0 , what did he do to get through twice?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

17 possessions at 100% de?

That aside....

He is definitely growing on me. Wasn't impressed early but as he gets more game time he is definitely getting a lot better.
Haven't seen the game, but are the stats correct? Bonar had 3 kicks and 2 handballs for the game?

Was he injured?
Yeah, 5 touches not 17. But his DE was 100% at least, that's true.
Happy to keep playing him to see what he's got, but I'm not optimistic about his future tbh.
I keep hearing play him in the middle, his natural position, but if he can't show it on the HBF I don't really see why it would be so different in the midfield.

Yeah, 5 touches not 17. But his DE was 100% at least, that's true.
Happy to keep playing him to see what he's got, but I'm not optimistic about his future tbh.
I keep hearing play him in the middle, his natural position, but if he can't show it on the HBF I don't really see why it would be so different in the midfield.
Exactly! HBF the easiest place in footy to get a cheap and easy posessions
Any midfielder that is decent would average 20 on a HBF b4 moving into the middle

Exactly! HBF the easiest place in footy to get a cheap and easy posessions
Any midfielder that is decent would average 20 on a HBF b4 moving into the middle

Walker with 10, McKay with 12, Taz with 15... and Boner with 5. IDGAF about 100% efficiency if he's only going to get 5 touches across half back.

Walker with 10, McKay with 12, Taz with 15... and Boner with 5. IDGAF about 100% efficiency if he's only going to get 5 touches across half back.

That’s bread McKenzie like figures - needs to get more of it or at least be a battering ram.
Would like to see him get a chance in the middle.

Well at least we can safely say Bonar is not a defender.

I expect he won't be a forward either which leaves us with the mid field.

How about we try him in the middle for a couple of games and see how he goes?

Looks like our biggest issue of the past decade (unaccountable defending 2way running mids) is trying to be rectified by rhyce and co by playing potential mids down back for the first 15-20 games.

looks like it works for Hayden - Bonar looks lost. I watched only the second half after working and there were two passages where he got out pointed positioning wise and looked all at sea.

it’s a hard time in our midfield Higgins, cunners, LDU, simpkin, Anderson to an extent all see ball get ball types.

don’t see hbf doing Bonar any benefit atm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back