Past #16: Aiden Bonar - drafted by GWS #11 '17 ND - traded to NM end '19 - 25 NM games - thx Bon

Remove this Banner Ad

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
A Bonar-fide defender

“This year I feel like I’ve been able to really do that compared to a few years before. I was working a lot with Jy (Simpkin) and he’s one of the best runners at the club.

“I knew if I could stick with him, even if I was hanging off a bit and lagging behind I was still at a good standard.”
How often does Jy’s name seem to pop up in articles/interviews with players.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dog of a night for the lad.

Comprehensively beaten then injured.

been told a 4-6 week ankle. Just struggled to get any sort of continuity

* me 4-6? I thought it was bad when Nobles was saying it might be a few weeks and they had to wait on a scan, but 4-6 is just a ******* pearler.

:mad:

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It was a great game for learning. De Goey got him with some one on one battles by protecting the space, some of the hardest positions to defend. He is pretty new to the whole defensive caper and at 21, this is a great time to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

chairo

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Without doubt he is one of our finds of the season. However as Rick18 correctly points out, where he stands after we have a full list to pick from remains unclear. It is a shame that he isn't in the midfield rotations as he has the (physical) tools to be a monster there.

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
Should not have played could clearly tell he wasn't right from the get go was nowhere near as quick as normal. Poor player management by the club again

Put him out there just to get humiliated and injured. It was a really odd decision to play him.

Reckon it is a symptom of the decimated back line.

He was the least injured, soldiered through and played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Put him out there just to get humiliated and injured. It was a really odd decision to play him.

He had a corkie, not an amputation.

JDG got a couple of lace outs that very few could stop, and he did Aiden in one contest.

Then the umpires chipped him and gave JDG another 3 goals.

1620710269903.png

Long Live the King

Premiership Player
Feb 24, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As unfortunate as the injury is Aiden has been one of the success stories this year. I'm happy to admit that when we picked him up I thought we had a potential spud on our hands but he has proven me wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back