Past #16: Aiden Bonar - drafted by GWS #11 '17 ND - traded to NM end '19 - 25 NM games - thx Bon

Remove this Banner Ad

The boy has become a man! Seems much more self assured and confident in himself.

Geez seeing the boys get around eachother, the bum pat's, the head rubs, chesting eachother, working hard, good banter ...... F"*K I miss being involved at a footy club up here locally!

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The boy has become a man! Seems much more self assured and confident in himself.

Geez seeing the boys get around eachother, the bum pat's, the head rubs, chesting eachother, working hard, good banter ...... F"*K I miss being involved at a footy club up here locally!

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
If you miss bum pats, I’m sure zondor can help you out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope not.

Bonar - McKay - Turner
Corr - Tarrant - McDonald

We must move on from Hall, he is a complete fraud.

Bonar & Corr are quick, but none of those 6 have displayed the line breaking ability Hall has since his move down back.

Get used to Hall playing there, it’s a staple of how Noble wants us to attack. Will be there until we find a replacement.

I hope not.

Bonar - McKay - Turner
Corr - Tarrant - McDonald

We must move on from Hall, he is a complete fraud.

Can you clarify why you believe Hall is actually a fraud? I’m assuming you have a deeper knowledge/understanding of him than the rest of us. Does he purport to be something that he isn’t? Or is it that you just don’t believe him to be a good footballer - contrary to what our eyes would have us believe for the greater part of this season?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can you clarify why you believe Hall is actually a fraud? I’m assuming you have a deeper knowledge/understanding of him than the rest of us. Does he purport to be something that he isn’t? Or is it that you just don’t believe him to be a good footballer - contrary to what our eyes would have us believe for the greater part of this season?

Sure, it’s the short kicks to contests, unforced errors by foot in space and the lack of defensive application. It’s the calling for the ball under pressure and running to poor spots. He is a hopeless defender, I feel he puts us under a lot of pressure by lack of care with ball in hand. And when he does manage to drift forward he never kicks goals when you need them, never. Always misses the ones he should kick after calling for ball. I don’t think he’s a leader on field and he’s 30.

Without hall back there - we’re back to being one paced plodders

Yeah.. only until Perez and ideally another drafted defender comes through.

I’d like to trial Polec down there in the interim personally, but I also think you might be underselling the wheels on Bonar and Corr a bit.

Sure, it’s the short kicks to contests, unforced errors by foot in space and the lack of defensive application. It’s the calling for the ball under pressure and running to poor spots. He is a hopeless defender, I feel he puts us under a lot of pressure by lack of care with ball in hand. And when he does manage to drift forward he never kicks goals when you need them, never. Always misses the ones he should kick after calling for ball. I don’t think he’s a leader on field and he’s 30.

I’d like to trial Polec down there in the interim personally, but I also think you might be underselling the wheels on Bonar and Corr a bit.

Atley has wheels to but you’ve got to know where to run

I think Corr and Bonar have plenty of toe but arent likely to use it in a linebreaking sense.

Im happy for us to carry halls defensive liabilities given the drive he provides. Again i reckon the back 6 is the sum of all parts. As the season has gone on, even with injuries to key personnel we have been very competitive and defended quite well against better sides. Less pressure from up the ground will let us organise better and defend even more miserly. So yeah, hall does cheat, but every back 6 in the comp would have a similar player in their back 6 IMO

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fair enough. I see your point. I don’t entirely agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back