Past #16: Aiden Bonar - drafted by GWS #11 '17 ND - traded to NM end '19 - 25 NM games - thx Bon

Remove this Banner Ad

LDU - 4
Ahern - 7
Thomas - 8
Bonar - 11
Jy - 12

This is the high draft talent we need to collectively take a step forward.

If you consider Pykie's note on Bonar being a consideration for pick 1 prior to his knee.

If you consider Jy's high rating prior to his draft by Paul Roo's.

The upside in this group is nuts.
Add to that the fact we still have Polek and Cunners (top 10 picks) in their prime, not even counting Ziebell here, and blokes like Pittard, Jacobs, Jed, Garner, LMac, Atley and Durdin who are all first round picks or equivalent - this list isn't as blue colour as some prefer to think of it. With Taz and Brown at both ends.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
LDU - 4
Ahern - 7
Thomas - 8
Bonar - 11
Jy - 12

This is the high draft talent we need to collectively take a step forward.

If you consider Pykie's note on Bonar being a consideration for pick 1 prior to his knee.

If you consider Jy's high rating prior to his draft by Paul Roo's.

The upside in this group is nuts.

Wonder if we should have a tilt at trying to lure out Paddy Dow next year depending on where our two first rounders lay. Maybe draft his brother this year for good measure.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wonder if we should have a tilt at trying to lure out Paddy Dow next year depending on where our two first rounders lay. Maybe draft his brother this year for good measure.
I haven't liked what I've seen of Dow so far. Plus how often do top 10 picks move from one Melbourne club to another before they've played 100 games? Would aim at Jye Caldwell from the Giants.

I haven't liked what I've seen of Dow so far. Plus how often do top 10 picks move from one Melbourne club to another before they've played 100 games? Would aim at Jye Caldwell from the Giants.
Yea i still can't see the appeal in Dow. Maybe I've missed the good bits.

Screenshot_20191024-200447_Instagram.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Add to that the fact we still have Polek and Cunners (top 10 picks) in their prime, not even counting Ziebell here, and blokes like Pittard, Jacobs, Jed, Garner, LMac, Atley and Durdin who are all first round picks or equivalent - this list isn't as blue colour as some prefer to think of it. With Taz and Brown at both ends.
I don’t even put Jacobs in consideration as a player for Round one. We may never see him again.
LMac & Durdin are first rounders by name only. Both on the absolute brink of being wasted picks.

I don’t even put Jacobs in consideration as a player for Round one. We may never see him again.
LMac & Durdin are first rounders by name only. Both on the absolute brink of being wasted picks.
Durdin played some good football this season. LMac has plenty to offer. I reckon we'll see it in 2020.
As for Jacobs, who knows. I still hold some hope for him...

Last edited:

roos_tt29

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
One thing I do like is it looks as though there's a bit of planning going on predominantly in the midfield. We're building a nice young core in there that can hopefully develop together and form great relationships over the coming years.

Really keen to see a midfield involving LDU, Bonar, TT, Simpkin, Ahern, Anderson, etc. There's a nice mix of skill sets in there - maybe add in a quicker mid to the mix in the next couple of years and you might have something.

Very excited.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back