Past #16: Aiden Bonar - drafted by GWS #11 '17 ND - traded to NM end '19 - 25 NM games - thx Bon

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you write a book, or do a podcast, about your uber/cab adventures or something. I would happily pay a subscription or something.

Would it have a Fake Taxi kind of vibe?

Asking for a friend :smirklook

Aiden Bonar runs laps at his new club this week.

Aiden Bonar runs laps at his new club this week.Source: AAP

While Wood didn’t find his way to another club during the trade period, the Kangaroos acquired former first-round pick Aiden Bonar from Greater Western Sydney in the final moments of the trade period.

Despite having two years to run on a contract at the Giants, the opportunity starved midfielder found his way to Arden Street, along with a future fourth-round pick in exchange for a future third-round pick, which could prove to be a steal.

Wood said the senior group has been impressed by the way the Dandenong Stingrays product – who managed only six games in two seasons at the Giants – has turned up for pre-season.

“Just looking at him, he is such a physical specimen. We’re really excited to see what he can do going into next year,” he said.

“He is really good mates with Luke Davies-Uniacke. They are already starting to jell and they’re in each other’s pocket, which is good.”

Aiden Bonar runs laps at his new club this week.

Aiden Bonar runs laps at his new club this week.Source: AAP

While Wood didn’t find his way to another club during the trade period, the Kangaroos acquired former first-round pick Aiden Bonar from Greater Western Sydney in the final moments of the trade period.

Despite having two years to run on a contract at the Giants, the opportunity starved midfielder found his way to Arden Street, along with a future fourth-round pick in exchange for a future third-round pick, which could prove to be a steal.

Wood said the senior group has been impressed by the way the Dandenong Stingrays product – who managed only six games in two seasons at the Giants – has turned up for pre-season.

“Just looking at him, he is such a physical specimen. We’re really excited to see what he can do going into next year,” he said.

“He is really good mates with Luke Davies-Uniacke. They are already starting to jell and they’re in each other’s pocket, which is good.”

Play him on a wing GR ?

Wood is right about his size etc.

He's arguably one of the best all-around athletes to ever pull on the jumper.

He's a better athlete than Majak.

If ends up at around 90-95kg's, good luck opposition midfielders....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there's scope to rotate he and TT out of the midfield and the same position forward in bursts, at least for their first couple of seasons. In conjunction with one of the starting onballers, which at the moment and given his history across half forward, would make sense to be Higgins or Ziebell.

So something like this.

HF: Thomas
Foll: Ziebell
I: Bonar

HF: Ziebell
Foll: Bonar
I: Thomas

HF: Bonar
Foll: Thomas
I: Ziebell

Wood is right about his size etc.

He's arguably one of the best all-around athletes to ever pull on the jumper.

He's a better athlete than Majak.

If ends up at around 90-95kg's, good luck opposition midfielders....
I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s already up around the 93kg mark. hes got that natural build like Vunivalu, he could be running around at 100kg and I don’t think he’d lose much mobility.

Last edited:
More for Brian Taylor's benefit as he gets names wrong routinely.......

........how do you pronounce his last name?

Bone-err as in shinboner, or Bon-a as in Bonner?

ps; apologies if already answered previously giantroo

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back