Past #16: Aiden Bonar - drafted by GWS #11 '17 ND - traded to NM end '19 - 25 NM games - thx Bon

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"...yet"

#bepatient

I rate both highly. just saying are they going to be in peak shape or best possible, there's plenty of footballers watching what they do in the off-season and it was just interesting that the majority with question marks were at the races. I know the past admin didn't really care, just hoping the new lot do. Richmond footballers seem to cover the ground fairly well. Even some of the youngsters.

LDU- Last Drafted: Round 1, Pick #4 2017 National Draft by North Melbourne Kangaroos

Zurhaar-Last Drafted: Round 1, Pick #11 2016 Rookie Draft by North Melbourne Kangaroos

roos_tt29

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I rate both highly. just saying are they going to be in peak shape or best possible, there's plenty of footballers watching what they do in the off-season and it was just interesting that the majority with question marks were at the races. I know the past admin didn't really care, just hoping the new lot do. Richmond footballers seem to cover the ground fairly well. Even some of the youngsters.

LDU- Last Drafted: Round 1, Pick #4 2017 National Draft by North Melbourne Kangaroos

Zurhaar-Last Drafted: Round 1, Pick #11 2016 Rookie Draft by North Melbourne Kangaroos
one day at the races does not a summer make
I know what you mean, but how do we know that none of the Richmond youngsters were at the races? or at parties? or similar? Can't take away every vice - and I'm sure most of them (hopefully all of them) are doing an off-season program given to them by the club.

If you want a specific comparison - Dion Prestia. Took him a few years to get to where he is now.

Let's just wait and see what happens and make a complete judgement in a couple of years - they're still young.

I know what you mean, but how do we know that none of the Richmond youngsters were at the races? or at parties? or similar? Can't take away every vice - and I'm sure most of them (hopefully all of them) are doing an off-season program given to them by the club.

If you want a specific comparison - Dion Prestia. Took him a few years to get to where he is now.

Let's just wait and see what happens and make a complete judgement in a couple of years - they're still young.
yes, that's what i mean by "one day at the races does not a summer make", going to the races with friends in off season isn't an indication of shirking fitness or development

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Excellent news 3 of those you named have question marks over the want to be the very best they can be. So am sure sinking piss ( assuming?)will certainly assist them in getting to the minimum fitness base expected for an AFL footballer. Add apparently Bonar is also not fit enough
I prefder to look on the bright side and imagine that a talented group that formed some kind of emotional bond - even if alcohol is sometimes involved - could do some exciting things for the club on field in the next year or two. Surely McKay looks around and thinks he'd rather be a senior player? Or they all imagine what they could accomplish if they could stay on the field and keep getting selected?

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Pretty sure dusty isn’t at the the races and he goes alright.

Although I believe he still might be mia and found off the strip somewhere in Vegas.

Dusty is still on his bender, no one has seen him in three weeks.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I prefder to look on the bright side and imagine that a talented group that formed some kind of emotional bond - even if alcohol is sometimes involved - could do some exciting things for the club on field in the next year or two. Surely McKay looks around and thinks he'd rather be a senior player? Or they all imagine what they could accomplish if they could stay on the field and keep getting selected?

All fair and reasonable points, just again it was based on some guys with questionable attitudes towards fitness levels. Hence why I posted my comments. I stand by organic growth being our best recruit and fitness will go along way towards that.

As others have stated, the season is just over, so time is on their side.

Oh also was chatting, " had Garner walked the GF sprint under Pagan, his career would have ended there".

Can't help but shake the feeling he's been recruited as much to help LDU as anything.

Yeah, nah.

I wonder how long LDU has known Bonar wanted to head home.. I also wonder how long LDU has been in the ear of our recruitment team.

Not long apparently.

And thread derailed...

tenor.gif

Back