Past #16: Aiden Bonar - drafted by GWS #11 '17 ND - traded to NM end '19 - 25 NM games - thx Bon

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder how much his disposal numbers were effected by him playing forward and back in the NEAFL. I guess most of us assumed he was spending his time in the NEAFL running through the midfield.
It seems like he spent a fair bit of time forward and back to try and break into the best 22, with obviously a fairly long queue in the midfield group at GWS.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He had a better year in his 1st year in the NEAFL when he was in the middle.
2nd for GWS(NEAFL) in clearances, contested possessions and tackles per game
He raked 6th in Champion Data ranking points for all teenagers in the NEAFL.

Do you sometimes think these moves are already decided ages ago, but they act like it wasn’t to build up the drama towards the end of the trade season?
With LDU, the fact we have Ahern - managers had spoken months ago, conversations would have been ongoing for ages.
I reckon it’s partially staged to build tension. Also, crate faux loyalty. When the reality is, he was planning on moving months ago.
Maybe I’m just cynical of the AFL and the system...
But just because you’re paranoid - don’t mean they’re not after you.

nmfc.com
And after a tough 2019 at the Giants, Bonar is up for the challenge at his new club.
“2019 was really hard, to be honest,” he said.
“I was playing midfield at the start of the year and then they tried to push me into a forward role pretty early in the year to get a game and then a defending forward. Then I was possibly going to become a defender at the end of it. I was putting my hand up for everything, but it was really hard.
“It was hard going to training when they were doing so well. You’ve got to stay upbeat because your mates are playing finals and you’ve got to train as well as you can to make them better. And that’s just what I tried to do with a smile on my face.”

nmfc.com
And after a tough 2019 at the Giants, Bonar is up for the challenge at his new club.
“2019 was really hard, to be honest,” he said.
“I was playing midfield at the start of the year and then they tried to push me into a forward role pretty early in the year to get a game and then a defending forward. Then I was possibly going to become a defender at the end of it. I was putting my hand up for everything, but it was really hard.
“It was hard going to training when they were doing so well. You’ve got to stay upbeat because your mates are playing finals and you’ve got to train as well as you can to make them better. And that’s just what I tried to do with a smile on my face.”
If they tried the kid in three roles and he couldn't cut it any of them he needs to look in the mirror. Typical of an entitled private schooler who is bigger and stronger than the other kids and used to getting his own way in school-boy footy. Jason wouldn't have fire-saled this kid if he was any good.

If they tried the kid in three roles and he couldn't cut it any of them he needs to look in the mirror. Typical of an entitled private schooler who is bigger and stronger than the other kids and used to getting his own way in school-boy footy. Jason wouldn't have fire-saled this kid if he was any good.
Ink hasnt even dried on hia contract yet pal. Maybe let him actually play a game

Pathetic post.

I wonder how Aiden would be feeing about life after reading the various comments in this thread. Basically, it runs the gamut from “absolutely spent, should be on the scrap heap” to “God’s gift to the AFL/North, not to mention all the women of the world”. I look forward to the comments after his first game - if it transpires.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RB probably thought little of Marley, Pittard etc cos they were given away cheaply

This bloke will be a steal like the above
Many posters on here were made to look like fools after Pittard's 2019 form. It's a bad time of year to make strong calls, especially about guys who haven't even pulled on the jumper for us.

I wonder how Aiden would be feeing about life after reading the various comments in this thread. Basically, it runs the gamut from “absolutely spent, should be on the scrap heap” to “God’s gift to the AFL/North, not to mention all the women of the world”. I look forward to the comments after his first game - if it transpires.

Absolutely crackers... has gone from messiah to sex symbol to busted flush and whipping boy.... all before playing a game...never change Big Footy

Yep we definitely need to add some extra dimensions to our midfield. A bloke of this size should be able to match it on the inside but then also cover defensively. We don’t have someone like that.

We also don’t have a tagger for the big powerful mids. I imagine sitting him on a Cripps or making him go head to head for example would be more successful than your average tagger because he has the size and explosiveness. Would have been nice to have someone like this dumping Ablett on his arse for the last decade.
You’d rhi
Hopefully, we’ll see him barreling around like a young Spud Firrito.

daresay a lot quicker!

tumblr_m51mxp8PEG1r8vzdno4_250.gif

Hope LDU not hanging around McDonald too much.

Might end up like him. (disappointment)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back