Past #16: Aiden Bonar - drafted by GWS #11 '17 ND - traded to NM end '19 - 25 NM games - thx Bon

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Did some nice link up stuff today.

I reckon he'll be more of a solid cameo type initially, playing a mix of forward and mid. Not expecting any 30 disposal midfield games this year. Hope I am wrong. Definitely has good instincts and can execute.

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Did some nice link up stuff today.

I reckon he'll be more of a solid cameo type initially, playing a mix of forward and mid. Not expecting any 30 disposal midfield games this year. Hope I am wrong. Definitely has good instincts and can execute.

Didn't have the benefit of getting to the ground, but liked the little passage of play on the highlights where he gave a handball under pressure to Mahoney for a goal

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Rhyce Shaw has confirmed new recruits Aiden Bonar and Josh Walker will make their club debuts on Friday night.
North Melbourne will kick off the Marsh Community Series against the Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium, with the former Giant and Lion set to play key roles.

Bonar logged big midfield minutes in last week's intraclub match and will again be stationed in that role on Friday night.
"He knows there's big competition in the midfield. We've got a really stacked group," Shaw said of Bonar.
"But I'm looking forward to see 'Bon'. He's done really well and fitted into our group really well.
"I thought he did some pretty good things (in the intraclub game). He's someone who's built up over the pre-season

Was good on debut for us I thought. There's certainly enough of "it" there, it just needs to be focused on what it is though.

Don't see him holding a spot ahead of Higgins, LDU and Jack though.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The question is whether he is ahead of LDU, Ahern, Scott.

He looks to be broadly on a par with them from what I have seen this pre season but the sample size is still small.

Promising start though.

nelroo

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The question is whether he is ahead of LDU, Ahern, Scott.

He looks to be broadly on a par with them from what I have seen this pre season but the sample size is still small.

Promising start though.
Pound for pound I’d have him ahead of Ahern because he more athletically gifted and works hard defensively, something Ahern lacks.

GunSchwatta

Senior List
Feb 23, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just watched the game properly.

I actually liked his efforts.

May not be best 22 yet but i'm rapt with him playing in our colours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
well for one unlike anderson, bonar can kick

bonar also more dynamic and gave our midfield a better look

Anderson isn’t a terrible kick, I could think of a dozen playing Friday who are worse.

Anderson has runs on the board (in the real stuff) and you’re severely overrating Bonar’s game Friday (which was a praccy game).

I don’t even know what your last sentence means.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Anderson isn’t a terrible kick, I could think of a dozen playing Friday who are worse.

Anderson has runs on the board (in the real stuff) and you’re severely overrating Bonar’s game Friday (which was a praccy game).

I don’t even know what your last sentence means.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Maybe it means he’s more handsome?

Why? We have enough crap skilled one paced players on the list who could fill that role, leave the dynamic players to actually do something during a game.

We’ve had no one to replace Jacobs since he went down and it’s painful.

Back