Past #16: Aiden Bonar - drafted by GWS #11 '17 ND - traded to NM end '19 - 25 NM games - thx Bon

Remove this Banner Ad

Really???

On what basis is he in anyway ahead of Anderson?

I like the kid and I hope he is around about for round 1, but seriously that’s just bewildering stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
TZ wouldn't know if his knob was on fire

:stern look:

Perhaps there was an ongoing assumption that we would eventually get jacobs back?

Perhaps, but that ship has sadly sailed (IMO).

We pushed for a GF on the back of a bonafide tagger taking the best oppo mid out of the game.

Im not saying it has to be Bonar, but it’s worth looking at.

I would’ve given him a crack at it on Friday against Bontempelli for a quarter or so.

We pushed for a GF on the back of a bonafide tagger taking the best oppo mid out of the game.

I would’ve given him a crack at it on Friday against Bontempelli for a quarter or so.
At the very least it woulda been nice to see someone plant bont once or twice.

Perhaps there was an ongoing assumption that we would eventually get jacobs back?

Even if, by some miracle, Jacobs does come back, there’s no harm in having 2 or 3 blokes capable of doing the job.

Bonar’s got size, agression, he seems fit and has a bit of toe. The question is can he get the aggot? Having him sit on big bodied elite kids like Bontempelli and Cripps is certainly going to teach him a few tricks.

It also doesn’t mean that’s his lot in football for the next decade. Stevo started as a tagger then moved onto bigger things. Benny was starting to get his hands on the footy and become an effective attacking player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it would depend on the match up.

Watching opposition mids tear us to
pieces is infuriating at times.
Jacobs and DeBoer were/are successful taggers because they could run and contest all day, Bonar doesn't have the running capacity to be a successful modern tagger.

Jacobs and DeBoer were/are successful taggers because they could run and contest all day, Bonar doesn't have the running capacity to be a successful modern tagger.

He doesn't have to do it all day though.

Even a quarter clamp job is better than nothing.

Problem is Hayden is going to be missing for a while yet. And we can't in all honesty be guaranteed he's even up to it.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

He'll be back at some point, which is more than we can say for Jacobs.

But if anyone could be a tagger, it could honestly be McDonald, he plays a decent lockdown defender, its just a question of can he run with them.

Surely LMAc is worth a trial as a run with defensive midfielder. Has good size, decent pace and is very competitive defensively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll be back at some point, which is more than we can say for Jacobs.

But if anyone could be a tagger, it could honestly be McDonald, he plays a decent lockdown defender, its just a question of can he run with them.

I fear Luke may be part of the problem rather part of the solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely LMAc is worth a trial as a run with defensive midfielder. Has good size, decent pace and is very competitive defensively.
I fear that he lacks the footy smarts necessary to be a tagger.

Anderson isn’t a terrible kick, I could think of a dozen playing Friday who are worse.

Anderson has runs on the board (in the real stuff) and you’re severely overrating Bonar’s game Friday (which was a praccy game).

I don’t even know what your last sentence means.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
LOL....Auskickers all over the country just threw up their play lunch!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back