Past #16: Aiden Bonar - drafted by GWS #11 '17 ND - traded to NM end '19 - 25 NM games - thx Bon

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont need to, i am flourishing atm and enjoying the imminent demise of Kangaroos in vic to accelerate its true rebirth and event success, not gonna give NMFC a cent until it can show to be able to function normally. Too bad history awaits no one. If you stand on the side watching, you will be left behind. If you stand in its way, you will not be watching at all. The relics on this site i feel unfortunately belongs to the latter, while the intention is good and even noble i suppose, the end result would still be terrible. Greater the pride, harder the fall, pride is a sin, the cardinal sin.

Is this a Dan Brown novel?

We're a tough, mean mob. Seriously, you'd reckon we've won the last 3 premierships given how little time some people on this Board give players to perform. Bonar has hardly walked in the joint and he's already been binned by some. Will he live up to his draft year hype? I have absolutely no idea. Dunno. What I do know is that there are blokes running around every week in our team who have had hundreds and hundreds of games poured into them in the last 10 years and we're getting absolutely nowhere with them. Just quietly, I think we can afford to give him a go.

We're a tough, mean mob. Seriously, you'd reckon we've won the last 3 premierships given how little time some people on this Board give players to perform. Bonar has hardly walked in the joint and he's already been binned by some. Will he live up to his draft year hype? I have absolutely no idea. Dunno. What I do know is that there are blokes running around every week in our team who have had hundreds and hundreds of games poured into them in the last 10 years and we're getting absolutely nowhere with them. Just quietly, I think we can afford to give him a go.
Yep! Chuck the big fella at toddys feet and see how he goes

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would certainly like to see him in the midfield this week. If we don't think he is up to it I wonder why we recruited him

Would be nice too to see him spend some time in the middle with LDU.

Again, to what level does bonar get to is largely determined by the quality, vision and strategy of the club. At hawthorn, this guy would be a superstar, at bulldogs, an explosvie inside mid. At north, a 'run of the mill' player because we are seeing him for what he is not good at. Put him in position where his strength is at the forefront or forced to be at the forefront. For instance, a person is a crackshot with the rifle but does not like to use the rifle to shoot anything including wolves. You put his pet rabbit out in the open and let the wolves chase it down, either the dude shoots the wolf dead or his rabbit is dinner simple. Bonar needs to be thrown in the deep, he either strengthens his resovle and put his body on the line or he can be scarred, gets broken and tossed aside. We need to be more ruthless to gut all of the non performing players, starting with the seniors that we rely on but can't deliver.

So you are saying he needs to be shot and then thrown to the wolves?

Dont need to, i am flourishing atm and enjoying the imminent demise of Kangaroos in vic to accelerate its true rebirth and event success, not gonna give NMFC a cent until it can show to be able to function normally. Too bad history awaits no one. If you stand on the side watching, you will be left behind. If you stand in its way, you will not be watching at all. The relics on this site i feel unfortunately belongs to the latter, while the intention is good and even noble i suppose, the end result would still be terrible. Greater the pride, harder the fall, pride is a sin, the cardinal sin.

So where do we stand smart guy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fairly typical for this board I spose. Played three games, hasn't won a Norm Smith medal yet so everyone wants his blood.

Turn it up Ferbs.

I'd much prefer Atley and Macmillan reach 300 games - so I at least know if they might start playing footy at the necessary standard, than keeping Bonar beyond 5 games where harsh assessments are required.

Turn it up Ferbs.

I'd much prefer Atley and Macmillan reach 300 games - so I at least know if they might start playing footy at the necessary standard, than keeping Bonar beyond 5 games where harsh assessments are required.
Couldn't disagree more ChoppyGun (solid user name BTW) ...I've had enough with Ats and JMac. They have reached their ceilings and it's a 1970's caravan height. Enough already.

Marked this game as one of improvement for him, looked cleaner, got more hands to the ball and was involved more.

Need to persist with him and see how he goes, its ironic he and McKay were both being interviewed by Heath after the game because I seem to view their trajectories of improvement to be pretty similar this stage.

Showed what he’s capable of yesterday in being clean and doing the basics well. Once he gets used to the level and nails down his role in the team his athletic abilities will give him the chance to become very good.

Might be wrong but I think that was his first game playing with his mate LDU since their junior days and they both looked to really enjoy themselves.

Showed what he’s capable of yesterday in being clean and doing the basics well. Once he gets used to the level and nails down his role in the team his athletic abilities will give him the chance to become very good.

Might be wrong but I think that was his first game playing with his mate LDU since their junior days and they both looked to really enjoy themselves.
Agreed seems a big part of rhyces philosophy is flexibility

being able to play multiple positions which Bonar now does with hbf and mid and can even go forward

hope to see him in for the rest of the year developing

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back