Past #16: Aiden Bonar - drafted by GWS #11 '17 ND - traded to NM end '19 - 25 NM games - thx Bon

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm counting the defender that we generally rotate off the bench.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Sides normally do not have a defender on the interchange. They typically have a high ToG.
On the weekend we had McKay 99%, Corr 67% (got injured), Atley 89%, Ziebell 83%, Young 88%, Bonar 79%.

We ran with Taylor, Powell, Menadue and I think Tyson started on the bench.

In a perfect world we would have had Tarrant, McDonald, Cunnington, Anderson and Dumont available. Tyson and Menadue are two obvious outs, the other 3 are a lot harder to come up with. Injuries might make it a bit easier for a while, Taylor is going to miss two with the concussion thing, Corr might not get up, wasn't Turner reported?

I think his spot will be safe for a bit but I would imagine Powell and in a week or two Phillips will rack up a lot of games this year and they would both be occupying a bench position in their first year. I''d like to see Bonar lock down a permanent defensive position but it will be challenging with Ziebell and Atley back there as well.

Sides normally do not have a defender on the interchange. They typically have a high ToG.
On the weekend we had McKay 99%, Corr 67% (got injured), Atley 89%, Ziebell 83%, Young 88%, Bonar 79%.

We ran with Taylor, Powell, Menadue and I think Tyson started on the bench.

In a perfect world we would have had Tarrant, McDonald, Cunnington, Anderson and Dumont available. Tyson and Menadue are two obvious outs, the other 3 are a lot harder to come up with. Injuries might make it a bit easier for a while, Taylor is going to miss two with the concussion thing, Corr might not get up, wasn't Turner reported?

I think his spot will be safe for a bit but I would imagine Powell and in a week or two Phillips will rack up a lot of games this year and they would both be occupying a bench position in their first year. I''d like to see Bonar lock down a permanent defensive position but it will be challenging with Ziebell and Atley back there as well.
Menedue seemed to be playing back when he was on.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Saw some great closing speed from Bonar. Does he have the ability to be a lockdown / tagging midfielder?

Now Hayden is injured, it was so frustrating seeing Boak playing with basically no one on him for 3 quarters. Carlton letting dusty run free cost them the game last week for e.g.

Once we get some defenders back maybe he can be a tagger?

2 solid games with little preseason.

Looked lost last season, now showing defensive ability and a bit of rebound.

Right before injury last year he was looking quite promising. Has basically just continued where he left off. I'm impressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing like a bloke that wants to have a long football career.

Commitment cannot be questioned.

Keep it up Aiden.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back