AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Out for 4 weeks with a hamstring - 8/4

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a 2nd/3rd effort beast, as well having some strange rubber ball ability to bounce favourably many times, then actually ending up with the ball in hard contests and doesnt seem to get hurt.

I've never really seen a player like Archie to be honest, as in direct comparison. Kind of messy yet elegant etc.

He's hard to explain but I'm on board!

If Langford had half Perkin's tenacity he would be a great player.

You can tell, Archie doesn't like to be beaten. As others have said, a bit more core strength and he will take flight, even more than he has already.

Playing at 110% to be able to translate his junior tricks to AFL level. I think that's why his kicking has been poor.

He'll either get used to operating at the intensity or he'll develop physically and he can go back to to 90% and it should all come together.

I'm not worried in the slightest at this point in time. He's very likely to bust a game apart when he gets a bit of space and the right opponent.

A promising kid would have been embarrassed by Saad yesterday. Archie was breaking even with Saad. That's uuuggee.

He's a 2nd/3rd effort beast, as well having some strange rubber ball ability to bounce favourably many times, then actually ending up with the ball in hard contests and doesnt seem to get hurt.

I've never really seen a player like Archie to be honest, as in direct comparison. Kind of messy yet elegant etc.

He's hard to explain but I'm on board!
I have said this before but imo he's 'Mark Mercuri like' in that he is just able to do stuff others don't don't seem to be able to do. Bouncing off players in tackles, he loves spinning into a tackle ensuring the tackler can't get a solid hold on the first attempt. Fantastic football intelligence. He's a very special player.

Possibly the second best young name in the league with flowing locks to have told clubs he doesn't want to leave Vic behind Smith at the Dogs haha.

I have said this before but imo he's 'Mark Mercuri like' in that he is just able to do stuff others don't don't seem to be able to do. Bouncing off players in tackles, he loves spinning into a tackle ensuring the tackler can't get a solid hold on the first attempt. Fantastic football intelligence. He's a very special player.
I like Perk but I don't see Mercuri (not saying you're wrong just that I don't see it).

Merc was pure class and skill with that time and space and an uncanny goal sense right from the start.

Perk seems to be power based without that level of elite skill. Will be fantastic but personally I don't see Merc.

Jones will get the RS plaudits this week, but i reckon Perkins had him covered.
Does not look like a kid out there.

Fair to say he kicks that goal, we get a rise from the group and win that game.
Such is the example he's setting to just impact games. Been a long time since we've had one of these types.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Perk but I don't see Mercuri (not saying you're wrong just that I don't see it).

Merc was pure class and skill with that time and space and an uncanny goal sense right from the start.

Perk seems to be power based without that level of elite skill. Will be fantastic but personally I don't see Merc.
For me it's prob more that uncanny x factor that both seem to have. As I say, it's more me than anything else. ;) :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back