AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Out for 4 weeks with a hamstring - 8/4

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we need a glossary of terms.

The basic version is his biggest weapon is his ability to get through the traffic via either pace or side step.
Good mark.
Good kick.
Okay clearance game.
Not a bulldozer .

Are there past/present players that comes to mind when you think of his athletic profile and skillset?
Not really my thing but Jayden Stevenson with a bit more grunt / solid build.

Just a tip. If you are expecting him to be an inside bull then you have backed the wrong horse. Not saying he is soft or doesn't go hard but his best is his outside / through traffic game with decent clearance ability. He is not an inside machine. He is a decent mark. I can actually see him play more wing than midfield.
So, I've got your vision noted so far as;
Nik Cox - Defender, not Wing
Archie Perkins - Wing, not HF
I'm keen to see what a future best 22 looks like from your view.

Just a tip. If you are expecting him to be an inside bull then you have backed the wrong horse. Not saying he is soft or doesn't go hard but his best is his outside / through traffic game with decent clearance ability. He is not an inside machine. He is a decent mark. I can actually see him play more wing than midfield.
Where do we place him on the chart?
images (4).jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL website posted an article indicating (speculating) that Perkins and Bryan are likely to get debuts this week.

Well you've got a minimum 3 outs by the sounds of it; Draper, Shiel & Caldwell.

Plus Gleeson was a late in.

Heppell
Stringer
Perkins
Draper

Sounds about right to me. Parish playing full-time on-ball, Stringer / Heppell / Perkins all to help pick-up Shiel & Caldwell's minutes as well. Perkins seems to be doing well in the practice games so might as well give him a run with such a thin amount of ready to go depth.

I hope him and Bryan play will make it easier to get rid of Draper/Caldwell
46d73c3cc50fa32e0e1d8c2a38007477.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back