AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Career best performance v Hawks - 17/3

16 - perkins.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 9, sup3rfish

Last edited by a moderator:
Pendlebury-type?
Similar although it would be a big call to say he had his vision and time. Explosive with a good side step is one thing a lot of people say about him. His midfield craft is a bit of a blank canvas.

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
As Lyon said about JUH this morning, if its good enough for a player like Michael Tuck to play 80+ games in the reserves before playing over 400 in the seniors its good enough for any player to earn his keep.

You only have to look at Draper and Ridley as recent examples.

Plus he along with other draftees hasn't played for a year.

As for Ham and Cahill - I thought Ham was OK, Cahill though should be in VFL.

The difference being that guys like Michael Tuck were playing in a strong side so they needed to show they deserved a game and because the list was 60 with no yearly draft meant you could let guys run around for two or three years developing before getting a senior game.

Towno78

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Hope he has the work ethic to go with his talent. If so, will be a special player that we have not seen on an Essendon list for over a decade.

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
A lot to like. Hopefully the crap disposal by foot that happened a fair bit was just rushing things from first game nerves. It also occurred to me that his instinct was to keep blazing at goal but then second guessed that and had to rush a kick to try and pass it to someone in a better position. The mechanics look fine and everything else was really promising.

Back