AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Out for 4 weeks with a hamstring - 8/4

Remove this Banner Ad

Is pointing out that someone I respect doesn't think he's a dickhead judgement?
Wasn't a judgement just a poorly worded post. I highlighted the bit in your post that I actually really agreed with, just didn't explain that.

The second sentence was simply my take overall on Archie and any commentary he's this or that. As I said, poorly worded.

Loved Merv. Devastated when he went to the Swans and deeply saddened when he passed, just on 9 years ago now. Great footballer.
His goal in the 1984 grand final was magic
as a kid I knew the cup was finally ours and we slayed the dragon
a lot of the millennials on here don’t really know how great our club was once.
hopefully this year is a step in the right direction

His goal in the 1984 grand final was magic
as a kid I knew the cup was finally ours and we slayed the dragon
a lot of the millennials on here don’t really know how great our club was once.
hopefully this year is a step in the right direction
How true. Went to the 83 GF as a kid with a bunch of friends, standing room only (cost $6 a ticket). Absolutely devestated with the result, but Sheeds the master grew this club into a powerhouse with his innovative tactics back in the day. I miss those days! Time to get back into it. Go Don's!!!

Draper and Perkins to lead the mad monday fun.
Feel like Perkins isn’t leading it this year, he’s just getting real weird on it

In 3 years when he’s a superstar of the comp he’ll host Mad Monday at his parents’ house and everyone (including Archie’s folks) will have to wear ridiculous sunglasses and have their shirts unbuttoned to their navels and come prepared to talk about Kurt Vonnegut and Frank Zappa

Feel like Perkins isn’t leading it this year, he’s just getting real weird on it

In 3 years when he’s a superstar of the comp he’ll host Mad Monday at his parents’ house and everyone (including Archie’s folks) will have to wear ridiculous sunglasses and have their shirts unbuttoned to their navels and come prepared to talk about Kurt Vonnegut and Frank Zappa
Where's the idea he's this kind of guy come from? I feel I've missed something

Absolutely love him.

But ever since someone on this site mentioned boat shoes, everytime I see his name I can't help but visualise these now haha

images

Nah, i liked what i saw.

Didnt get much of it but who of our forwards did.

When he did, he showed poise and smarts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He needs more responsibility next year. Midfield minutes at the expense of Shiel.

First year player getting found out in their first final? I am completely shocked.

Did I say it was a bad thing ? I will say it is going to take a bit more time for him to "replace" some of the midfielders.
Dogs small forwards of all ages produced. Ours did not.
I rate him. He will be good but he is also 2 or 3 years away.

Hope he fills out into a petracca type of player similar first years. Hopefully builds a tank to be a big bull in the middle. Had doubts Petracca would build the tank to become an elite midfielder and he has.

Are you insinuating that there is something fundamentally wrong with his game, that he wont be up to it or might not go hard enough?

What does 'found out' mean?
Not insinuating anything. He found out how far off the level he needs to get to is. 6 possessions. 1 tackle. Average pressure.
He is young. He is learning and missed last year. I like some of the stuff he can do but right now as you would expect he is a long way off what some people seem to expect he will be. He has the raw tools but IMO is still at least 2 seasons from being able to replace a "Dylan Shiel" in the midfield.
It is what it is. Not knocking him as that is how it is for most first year players. Sometimes when you play the kids for long term gain you get burnt in the short term. For what it is worth I do think he will make it and at the minimum we will have a very dangerous half forward / winger . It is too be seen if he transfers that to midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back