AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Out for 4 weeks with a hamstring - 8/4

Remove this Banner Ad

he's a bit of a 2 face. He morphs effortlessly between being ridiculously good looking and looking like Bryce Gibbs

He'd be the poster boy for looking slick early on a Saturday evening and absolutely munted on a Sunday morning.

Looked like he hadn’t played a proper game of footy in... checks notes, 18 months?

Doubt we see him until May ish, 8 weeks of solid, full length ressies will stand him in real good stead.

Definitely had his moments. The star potential is obvious.

But yeah, could probably benefit from getting a couple of good performances in the 2s under his belt before coming into consideration for senior selection.

the word is he’s already been approached by GQ Magazine Australia for a front cover feature story.

Guelfi the Claremont pinup boy is apparently peeved off after waiting 3 years for the call up.
guelfi terrible hair cut doesn't help

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really interested to see how they manage him.

There’s enough exposed form out there to suggest young talls can actually have success if you just dump them but I actually reckon it might do Perkins more harm than good, I have no doubt it will come quickly but the game looks far too quick for him right now

There’s enough exposed form out there to suggest young talls can actually have success if you just dump them but I actually reckon it might do Perkins more harm than good, I have no doubt it will come quickly but the game looks far too quick for him right now

He looked like he needed a few games under his belt after none last year, that could either come at AFL level or VFL level. Problem is the VFL start is quite a few weeks away still so they might just throw him in and play him off a HFF

I'd like to see him get the sort of defensive jobs that are largely a thing of the past, like actually tagging dangerous half backs.

Just focus on laying tackles for now, the odd crumb and the odd joe the goose. Get a feel for the game and then build from there.

I'd like to see him get the sort of defensive jobs that are largely a thing of the past, like actually tagging dangerous half backs.

Just focus on laying tackles for now, the odd crumb and the odd joe the goose. Get a feel for the game and then build from there.
Ah, the Nick Kommer role. Me likey.

When you put it in that context, one wonders if the club went early to spur his effort on the track. Then it's a case of Perkins not working hard enough or the club being unrealistic. The club, unrealistic during off-season?

He could be in super form athletically, just looks like a guy who hasn't played a game of footy since 2019 to me though. He'll be fine.

Hasn’t shown enough to get a game round one after being talked up as being ready to go

No maybe not.

But if we acknowledge that this team isn't challenging for finals, is it in our interests to play him anyway if he's fit?

Hasn’t shown enough to get a game round one after being talked up as being ready to go
Surely, you're taking the piss against a kid that didn't play a single game last year.

How many other teams in the comp will be starting draftees from Noveber 2020 in their round 1 side.

If you're calling him a bust after 20 training sessions, I'd suggets you are watching the wrong sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back