AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Out for 4 weeks with a hamstring - 8/4

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to be getting short stints on ball and on certain players as learning opportunities.
Yep, nothing wrong with how they’ve used him so far. I’m just hoping that he can hone his craft at the highest level for the next phase of his development as opposed to a Langford scenario of having to hone it in the ressies. I’m also hoping it happens in the very near future.

wish he could get the ball more because every time he does get the ball somethng good happens!

I feel like he doesn't believe in himself. He should because he has all the talent there. He just seems nervous obviously still his first year .... he should feel confident though back himself in when running towards gal and nail it ... you can just tell he seems so nervous

I feel like he doesn't believe in himself. He should because he has all the talent there. He just seems nervous obviously still his first year .... he should feel confident though back himself in when running towards gal and nail it ... you can just tell he seems so nervous

The way he plays he doesn't seem to lack confidence.

You can just tell your full of s**t.

He's played like half a dozen ******* games champ

A bit slower around the contests tonight, quiet in the first half but worked his way into things after halftime. Sign of a good player being able to work through a period where you know you aren't performing up to your usual standard. I think some people are forgetting he's only played half a season of games, he's allowed to have quiet periods or get out worked as he's still learning. I assume he was spoken to at halftime and backed in to work through it too.

A week off now to rest and re-energize will do him well. It's clearly much needed. Great first half of the season. Keen to see him keep improving.

Watching live last night it’s clear his lightweight frame gets easily dragged down when grabbed onto with ball in hand. However, when he has space his sidestep and baulking skills are very good and very quick.

Obviously needs to build up a tank and achieve elite fitness over the next 12 months because he did look absolutely gassed in the second half.

But he pushes through.

was interesting watching him in the guts at centre bounces too. They got him in there a few times. Looks right at home as a midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGrath's injury and our lack of midfield depth might give us the chance to run him through the middle far more post-bye.

Can find the ball, but I am not overly impressed on his disposal under pressure. Always seems to be rushed.
Should improve as he matures but

He looked completely gassed last night after a big first half.

Really needs to fix his disposal/goal kicking.

I find him and Cox very interesting in that they play a bit like they’re still in school footy at times (they take plenty of time to get rid of it and cheekily try to get around people). Will be nice to retain that as they get more used to the league

People need to understand that Perkins is playing a mans game in year 1. It’s unusual.

Heppell and McGrath spent year 1 in defence. Perkins is playing at the coal face. His ability to initiate or absorb contact is off the charts for a first year player and will only get better. Add in the pace and power he has on the outside and he will be quite the package.

People need to understand that Perkins is playing a mans game in year 1. It’s unusual.

Heppell and McGrath spent year 1 in defence. Perkins is playing at the coal face. His ability to initiate or absorb contact is off the charts for a first year player and will only get better. Add in the pace and power he has on the outside and he will be quite the package.

Well said

Remove this Banner Ad

Back