Player Watch #16 Braeden Campbell

Remove this Banner Ad

FefVqZPB.jpg

Braeden Campbell
[Player Profile TBA]
Pick 5

I'm surprised that no one else is surprised that he wasn't rated higher. Totally worth the hawks bid. If i was shown the highlight reels of the top 5 without knowing who they were, i would've had Campbell comfortably at 1. Looks an absolute beast of a player. Well balanced, powerful and sublime skill. Kid will win a brownlow somewhere amongst the 7 the rowel will win.

This interview was going so well... and then Braeden gets called a 'tall forward' who will 'learn from the great Budwa'

:drunk:

Swans supporters: Aboslute gun, will play round 1, mature and good to go, senior footballer, leader, best kick in the pool

Also Swans supporters: ******* Hawks and shenanigan picks

:thumbsdownv1:

Dear internet, never change.

I hate Hawthorn as much as the next Swans supporter but I truly believe they bid on Campbell because they wanted Campbell and thought him worthy of pick 5, if they did it out of spite to get us to spend more points, why didn't they bid on Gulden with their next pick? I know their second pick wasn't that far before when we actually had to match, but still if it had all been done just to be vindictive, I'm sure they would have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Hawthorn didn't do a spite bid, they're just badly in need of exactly what Campbell could have brought them. That applies whether they're still in denial about their terrible list and looking for ready to go players, or just looking to rebuild a pretty dour and lifeless outside midfield and front half. So they bid on him.

There's plenty to loathe about them in general but their recruiting and list team is pretty straight down the line.

Yeah Hawthorn didn't do a spite bid, they're just badly in need of exactly what Campbell could have brought them. That applies whether they're still in denial about their terrible list and looking for ready to go players, or just looking to rebuild a pretty dour and lifeless outside midfield and front half. So they bid on him.

There's plenty to loathe about them in general but their recruiting and list team is pretty straight down the line.
Mitchell to Campbell = swans board meltdown
Their midfield is shite, and the kid has a beautiful kick, they absolutely bid on him as needs based.
Although on a funny note I can imagine Clarko having a minor meltdown when he realised McDonald had slipped through to us.

This interview was going so well... and then Braeden gets called a 'tall forward' who will 'learn from the great Budwa'

:drunk:

My best theory on that is the host heard him compare himself to Will Hayward and thought "Hayward, he's a forward isn't he? s**t I thought Campbell was a mid, must have got him confused with McDonald".

Kinda great to think we got two of the players they wanted the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And needed most. Their back-line might be average, but their forward stocks? Boy oh boy. If it's possible, they're worse than ours.

Not to mention their midfield, while technically 'stacked' (Mitchell, Worpel, O'Meara and Wingard is enough to always make them competitive), have less class than ours. Again, if that's possible.

I think that showed when we faced them this year. It was a tough slog for two quarters, but the cream rose to the top for us. Rampe started slicing them open from defensive 50, Papley rang rings around them in the forward half, Parker had arguably his best and cleanest game of the year, and Rowbottom looked better than anything they had to offer.

Given we've only added to our scoring options, as well as our forward half class with the academy lads, I look forward to a few years of not worrying about Hawthorn games. I think us Swans fans have earned that.

I hate Hawthorn as much as the next Swans supporter but I truly believe they bid on Campbell because they wanted Campbell and thought him worthy of pick 5, if they did it out of spite to get us to spend more points, why didn't they bid on Gulden with their next pick? I know their second pick wasn't that far before when we actually had to match, but still if it had all been done just to be vindictive, I'm sure they would have.
He is exactly what Clarko would dream about every night about the type of player he wants in his team. 1. Kicking - Elite. 2. Kicking - Elite. 3. Hope he ticks a few other boxes.

Gotta say I love how our senior players are treating these young kids. It sounds like Ramps has really invested a lot of time into BC just going off what he said, and from other interviews he's given. Makes me proud to have such a strong culture within the club, and such giving leaders in the playing group

The Hawthorn draft thread is really interesting. In the lead up to the draft, all they were taking about was how good Campbell is - and with no reference to trying to spite us. Their fans mainly thought that he was the best mid in the draft, better than Hollands, etc.
Contrast that to our thread where we were saying he would go between 8-15 and it makes me think we had a lot of wishful thinking going on.
What it does mean is that other club supporters believe that we have got the best forward as well as (maybe) the best mid in the draft after Philips.
That's a good evening's work.

The Hawthorn draft thread is really interesting. In the lead up to the draft, all they were taking about was how good Campbell is - and with no reference to trying to spite us. Their fans mainly thought that he was the best mid in the draft, better than Hollands, etc.
Contrast that to our thread where we were saying he would go between 8-15 and it makes me think we had a lot of wishful thinking going on.
What it does mean is that other club supporters believe that we have got the best forward as well as (maybe) the best mid in the draft after Philips.
That's a good evening's work.
My understanding is Phillips was the best inside mid, Hollands the best forward who goes into the midfield, & Campbell the best midfield who goes forward. Campbell wasn't necessarily the best mid but he was the best for them. They have enough extractors in Mitchell, O'Meara, & Worpel but no one to actually do anything with it

My understanding is Phillips was the best inside mid, Hollands the best forward who goes into the midfield, & Campbell the best midfield who goes forward. Campbell wasn't necessarily the best mid but he was the best for them. They have enough extractors in Mitchell, O'Meara, & Worpel but no one to actually do anything with it

Pretty much there are different types of mids so grouping them as one group is tough. I generally have a few groups:

a) Inside mids (extractors)
b) Tall inside/outside
c) Hybrid mid
d) Wingmen- genuine outsides
e) HF/mid

Really the sides looking for a Phillips wouldn't necessarily want a Hollands

Remove this Banner Ad

Back