Player Watch #16 Braeden Campbell

Remove this Banner Ad

FefVqZPB.jpg

Braeden Campbell
[Player Profile TBA]
Pick 5

pick five, we matched a bid from Hawthorn to secure QBE Sydney Swans Academy talent Braeden Campbell.
:) :)

Recruited from: Sydney Swans Academy / Westbrook / Pennant Hills
Position: Medium forward/midfielder
Height: 181cm
Weight: 73kg
DOB: 04/02/02
Cal Twomey’s draft range: 4-15

Happy Campbell household :)

Every time I see that run and raking left foot kick I think of Stuey Maxfield. I hope he goes just as hard.

That highlights package was pretty impressive. He seems to have the total package, goes hard for the ball, can run through congestion, can beat an opponent, is good in the air, has a great kick and can kick a long goal.

There's a chance we have taken the best KPF and best midfielder in this year's draft. So picks 4 & 5 may end up being picks 1 & 2 of the 2020 draft.

Yes, that's a big call, and the epitome of optimism, but why not dream a little. Swans 2024 premiers!!

That highlights package was pretty impressive. He seems to have the total package, goes hard for the ball, can run through congestion, can beat an opponent, is good in the air, has a great kick and can kick a long goal.

There's a chance we have taken the best KPF and best midfielder in this year's draft. So picks 4 & 5 may end up being picks 1 & 2 of the 2020 draft.

Yes, that's a big call, and the epitome of optimism, but why not dream a little. Swans 2024 premiers!!

You think we're going to go back-to-back-to-back-to-back ?

I can gel with this.

Swans 2021 Premiers is the epitome of optimism. Why not dream a lot ?

Would have loved to have had both Campbell and Phillips in our midfield. As a duo they would have left midfielders in their dust and coaches scratching their heads.
I think Gulden will be better than Phillips. He is gutsy, great kick and is a see ball get ball. Player. These two in our mids fir a decade will be gold.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mitchell to Campbell = swans board meltdown
Their midfield is sh*te, and the kid has a beautiful kick, they absolutely bid on him as needs based.
Although on a funny note I can imagine Clarko having a minor meltdown when he realised McDonald had slipped through to us.
Yeah I can't understand the Mitchell bit. He was a wonderful player who's foot skills were sublime. That is why the kid was likened to Mitchell.

The Hawthorn draft thread is really interesting. In the lead up to the draft, all they were taking about was how good Campbell is - and with no reference to trying to spite us. Their fans mainly thought that he was the best mid in the draft, better than Hollands, etc.
Contrast that to our thread where we were saying he would go between 8-15 and it makes me think we had a lot of wishful thinking going on.
What it does mean is that other club supporters believe that we have got the best forward as well as (maybe) the best mid in the draft after Philips.
That's a good evening's work.
I think he is better than Phillips. I think eventually Gulden will prove to be better as well.

I think he is better than Phillips. I think eventually Gulden will prove to be better as well.

I can believe Campbell being better than Phillips (although very different styles of players). But you may need to take off the rose tinted glasses for for Gulden, there are many reasons why Phillips went as high as 2 all of them good.

Not saying Gulden won't be, but it is far more unlikely than likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like how he acknowledges and respects the Swans Academy has given hime

I think this year will be a big learning year for Campbell. Hearing him speak, I don't think he quite has the belief in himself yet that Gulden and McDonald have but that will come. I'm expecting a quiet but steady year of development from him, but once he matures, he's gonna be a force.

I think this year will be a big learning year for Campbell. Hearing him speak, I don't think he quite has the belief in himself yet that Gulden and McDonald have but that will come. I'm expecting a quiet but steady year of development from him, but once he matures, he's gonna be a force.

That is more than fine does seem on the quieter side but that may be him as a bloke.

That is more than fine does seem on the quieter side but that may be him as a bloke.

Yeh nothing wrong with it at all - I just think it might have an influence on their respective impacts on the game in their first year. Gulden carries himself like he's 25 already. Not everyone is that way at 18 and Campbell may just be like the vast majority of young guys in that he takes a little while to come out of his shell.

Yeh nothing wrong with it at all - I just think it might have an influence on their respective impacts on the game in their first year. Gulden carries himself like he's 25 already. Not everyone is that way at 18 and Campbell may just be like the vast majority of young guys in that he takes a little while to come out of his shell.

Hate comparing players but you are right. Gulden looked like how Selwood looked for Geelong when he debuted just looked ready. Campbell is just so classy though and he only needs it 15 times to really hurt you got it 12 last weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back