Player Watch #16 Braeden Campbell

Remove this Banner Ad

FefVqZPB.jpg

Braeden Campbell
[Player Profile TBA]
Pick 5

pick five, we matched a bid from Hawthorn to secure QBE Sydney Swans Academy talent Braeden Campbell.
:) :)

Recruited from: Sydney Swans Academy / Westbrook / Pennant Hills
Position: Medium forward/midfielder
Height: 181cm
Weight: 73kg
DOB: 04/02/02
Cal Twomey’s draft range: 4-15

Happy Campbell household :)

Last edited:

Campbell looks terrific as a player and as a young man. Doubt I've seen anyone happier and all his mates onside too.
He'll put the match committee under heaps of pressure.
Be interesting to see what position he starts in.
Also interesting that the Hawks bid on him at 5 rather than just taking their pick straight up. Been suggested that they are trying to "bankrupt" Swans and take Gulden. We'll never know.

Bloody pricks, if only we could have let them take him and poach him in a cpuple of years. Not the type of thing you'd do in reality, but geez, you'd love to be able to return the favour on a shady act like that

Bloody pricks, if only we could have let them take him and poach him in a cpuple of years. Not the type of thing you'd do in reality, but geez, you'd love to be able to return the favour on a shady act like that

Yeah nah. That’s disrespectful to the boy and he might just start to like Hawthorn. Huge risk.

He’ll be a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah nah. That’s disrespectful to the boy and he might just start to like Hawthorn. Huge risk.

He’ll be a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely, like I said, you don't do that in reality. No issue with matching whatsoever, but I just wish there was a consequence for a failed bid, especially when it's on the higher end of the draft.

We haven't really discussed Campbell much as we all knew he'd be coming to the Swans but seriously this kid looks awesome. Raking left foot kick, hard as nails, elusive and deadly around goal. For some reason he made me think of Wayne Johnston, the dominator, who used to play for Carlton. He is going to add some extra pace and skill to our team. Also think he handballs beautifully as well and I like the unusual quirk with his bouncing of the ball. Unusual but effective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back