Past Darcy Lang

Remove this Banner Ad

so he is an outside mid/forward, no doubt we promised him a shot at the midfield and hell we need depth, there is a spot there for him to take...

its all in front of him... the problem with recycled players is that the seller knows more about their value than the buyer. Hope SOS got this one right, he looks a winner

WELCOME
He can play as an inside mid, apparently that's his preferred position.

SOS is an astute bastard when it comes to this stuff.
Do not think he will be A grade midfielder but in time will get bloody close.

I do not know how he pulled this off for pick 58.
It is almost like he did it at a timing so close to Cats working on Ablett deal that Cats not got their eye on the detail.

I was expecting pick 40 to get it done. Some on here were even thinking when talk of trading 16 to dogs for a 25 and 30 that Darcy for 25. Made no sense to me. Stolen for 58 should have been reported as a crime at the local cop shop in Geelong when Cats management awoke Friday morning. Just glad SOS is doing this stuff and not some people on here wanting to give off 25 without a second thought.

SOS is an astute bastard when it comes to this stuff.
Do not think he will be A grade midfielder but in time will get bloody close.

I do not know how he pulled this off for pick 58.
It is almost like he did it at a timing so close to Cats working on Ablett deal that Cats not got their eye on the detail.

I was expecting pick 40 to get it done. Some on here were even thinking when talk of trading 16 to dogs for a 25 and 30 that Darcy for 25. Made no sense to me. Stolen for 58 should have been reported as a crime at the local cop shop in Geelong when Cats management awoke Friday morning. Just glad SOS is doing this stuff and not some people on here wanting to give off 25 without a second thought.
More likely the Cats needed to find some salary cap space for Gaz and had no choice but to take what was offered up. Wasn't keen when it was discussed we would give up a 2nd rounder but a 4th is great value off the back of his 2nd last game.

More likely the Cats needed to find some salary cap space for Gaz and had no choice but to take what was offered up.
So you reckon SOS leaves this stuff so late on purpose as to get others doing deals more under panic of time closing in?
He must do some bloody good homework to know when to get these deals done at perfect time?

Even last year he left the Marchbank and Pickett deal so late it seems he left GWS little choice but take what they were given.

Seems like a new way of doing trading but you need nerves of steel to pull it off so regularly.

The scars of Andrew Collins (and to a lesser extent Boekhurst) still linger over my eyes when I look at Lang. I'm not expecting much, but it's a very good free hit.

The saving grace seems to be that he's had some games where he has really tackled well. He's fast, kicks goals, and tackles - that might be enough to offset the scrawniness and the fact that his best games for Geelong all seemed to be in big wins, which he won't be playing in many if for a while with us.

If we can use his strengths, though, he'll be a bloody good addition for such little cost

So you reckon SOS leaves this stuff so late on purpose as to get others doing deals more under panic of time closing in?
He must do some bloody good homework to know when to get these deals done at perfect time?

Even last year he left the Marchbank and Pickett deal so late it seems he left GWS little choice but take what they were given.

Seems like a new way of doing trading but you need nerves of steel to pull it off so regularly.
He is not going to offer pick 12 for a Brock McLean before the draft

The scars of Andrew Collins (and to a lesser extent Boekhurst) still linger over my eyes when I look at Lang. I'm not expecting much, but it's a very good free hit.

The saving grace seems to be that he's had some games where he has really tackled well. He's fast, kicks goals, and tackles - that might be enough to offset the scrawniness and the fact that his best games for Geelong all seemed to be in big wins, which he won't be playing in many if for a while with us.

If we can use his strengths, though, he'll be a bloody good addition for such little cost
top post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was getting games last year and missed a chunk with a broken leg (similar to Crippa I think) and was recalled immediately for finals. First game was good and may have been missing match fitness in the last game.

I welcome him and wish him all the best.

Was getting games last year and missed a chunk with a broken leg (similar to Crippa I think) and was recalled immediately for finals. First game was good and may have been missing match fitness in the last game.

I welcome him and wish him all the best.

Can you just imagine what he was thinking with Ablett coming back. "Yeah right, like I am going to get a decent go of it in the midfield with Dangerfield, Selwood and Ablett here. I'm ******* outta here"

He is not going to offer pick 12 for a Brock McLean before the draft

Scary stuff to review the trades of so many of the years before SOS arrived.
Texas Chainshaw Massacre is a picnic compared to what was done to us in that time by Rogers and Hughes.

Can’t remember where I heard it or read it (maybe the final AFL Tonight in Fox) but I thought it was mentioned that SOS in doing well on the trades hadn’t enamoured himself with some clubs over this trade period.

Perhaps this was one.

Can’t remember where I heard it or read it (maybe the final AFL Tonight in Fox) but I thought it was mentioned that SOS in doing well on the trades hadn’t enamoured himself with some clubs over this trade period.

Perhaps this was one.

Carlton

Carlton-Summary.jpg

Carlton cleaned up this trade period, waiting patiently for the right swaps to fall into their lap. They somehow “won” the Stringer trade with a lopsided pick swap, extracted overs for Gibbs and then secured Kennedy and Lang for value and Lobbe for free. The only real loss on field was Gibbs, but they got much needed best 22 talent as well. In all this, they also improved their draft position this year and probably next year.

. . .

He really feasted on the other teams, can imagine why some aren't happy.

Might be true but some of them won't last in the caper long.
SOS has shown he also helps out other clubs in trade period so I suspect he has a lot of goodwill around many of the clubs too.
There is no doubt he played an important role in getting O'Meara trade done in 2016 and Stringer dead lock of 2017 looks like he helped break that up.

If it was where I thought it was, it may have been mentioned by Huddo (Geelong man).

Edit, not where I thought it was, if at all. Could have been SEN this AM unless I’m completely mistaken.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back