Traded 16. Dawson Simpson (2008-2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

No one has me more excited for tonight! Got such an anticiperection!

Good article about big Daws over at The Age:

He draws from many wells in forging a resilience as vast as his 206-centimetre, 115-kilogram frame.

Simpson is overwhelmed by the fans who stop him on the way into training, people he's never met who tell him how much they feel his pain. When at length he forced himself to watch a replay of that innocent ruck contest and its cruel landing, he was moved by the supportive voices of the TV commentators. As the camera panned to the coach's box, he saw in the faces of Chris Scott, Neil Balme and others a shared suffering.

It took him back to lying on a stretcher being driven up the race, feeling ''absolutely shattered'', yet seeing fans reaching out, hurting with him. ''We're human, we're not just players. That gives you a warm feeling inside to know that you are wanted and you are needed and you are loved.''

Simpson thinks he's always lived with a great determination, yet has come to an understanding that some things are beyond his control. In this, his Christian faith guides him. ''I talk to the big fella upstairs when things are down.''

Dawson Simpson has left GFC for GWS as a FA.

Best of luck to him in his endeavours.

Go Catters

Apologies for the intrusion (and bumping the thread) but I have a question or two.

I know he was plagued by injuries almost right from the start and so has only really played a handful of senior games. But what's his VFL record like? Where can I get his VFL stats from?

What exactly have been his injuries? Will he ever get his body right?

Any info greatly appreciated.

No idea bout his VFL stats no super relevant IMO.
Injuries = back mainly and I think a knee at one stage?
I think he could one day get it together - when he's firing he's great.
With Smith and Vardy "arriving" alongside Clark and Stanley I think he saw the writing on the wall.

Apologies for the intrusion (and bumping the thread) but I have a question or two.

I know he was plagued by injuries almost right from the start and so has only really played a handful of senior games. But what's his VFL record like? Where can I get his VFL stats from?

What exactly have been his injuries? Will he ever get his body right?

Any info greatly appreciated.

He's had multiple back surgeries on a bulging disc. Has had a serious knee injury, however, it was not an ACL. He is a big, strong, lumbering giant close to 7 feet tall. Has lost substantial athleticism since he did the knee injury back in 2013. Can no longer get off the ground but I guess he doesn't really need to given his height.

If you want to check out his VFL statistics, click this link http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_...=192149884&client=1-118-10583-339767-20320210

He's had multiple back surgeries on a bulging disc. Has had a serious knee injury, however, it was not an ACL. He is a big, strong, lumbering giant close to 7 feet tall. Has lost substantial athleticism since he did the knee injury back in 2013. Can no longer get off the ground but I guess he doesn't really need to given his height.

If you want to check out his VFL statistics, click this link http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_...=192149884&client=1-118-10583-339767-20320210

Thanks for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back