Player Watch Dean 'The Peoples' Kent - traded

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone noticed he seems to slip over a lot? Could be because he uses his speed. Maybe he likes falling over. Lost count of the number of times I yelled stand up during the WC match

He's my favourite player but he has alot to work on to be a top HFF
His overhead marking isn't great and he runs under the footy alot, also your right in that when he tries to turn sharply tackling he loses his footing alot or doesn't push off properly , could be his back, could be he's a fat campaigner

His kicking for goal on the run hasn't been much chop this year either, thought he was better in 14

He's my favourite player but he has alot to work on to be a top HFF
His overhead marking isn't great and he runs under the footy alot, also your right in that when he tries to turn sharply tackling he loses his footing alot or doesn't push off properly , could be his back, could be he's a fat campaigner

His kicking for goal on the run hasn't been much chop this year either, thought he was better in 14
Glad I didn't imagine his tendency to slip.

I think his 2014 goal on the run thing was why I first started liking him. He's got something else as well - even though a fair few will pan him each gameday thread. It's attitude or something. He's not out of control nuts, but he's genuinely tough. He's virtually first to leap in if opposition are trying some s**t. Some journalist pointed out that this year, if Kent goes well Melbourne do too. Sounds stupid but I honestly think this is more than a coincidence. His attitude can lift people. I don't think he'll be a really refined player, but if he can do some tidying up on decisions (though I don't think he's especially poor in that department) and get his field kicking a bit neater then he will be valuable for a fair while.

He's also done a couple of epic chase and catch for a great tackle this year. Kent and Hunt are our only two players who can offer that. Scarey sometimes given his hamstring injury last year, but impressive. Also I doubt they can stop him, it's an instinctive thing with how he plays.

Glad I didn't imagine his tendency to slip.

I think his 2014 goal on the run thing was why I first started liking him. He's got something else as well - even though a fair few will pan him each gameday thread. It's attitude or something. He's not out of control nuts, but he's genuinely tough. He's virtually first to leap in if opposition are trying some s**t. Some journalist pointed out that this year, if Kent goes well Melbourne do too. Sounds stupid but I honestly think this is more than a coincidence. His attitude can lift people. I don't think he'll be a really refined player, but if he can do some tidying up on decisions (though I don't think he's especially poor in that department) and get his field kicking a bit neater then he will be valuable for a fair while.

He's also done a couple of epic chase and catch for a great tackle this year. Kent and Hunt are our only two players who can offer that. Scarey sometimes given his hamstring injury last year, but impressive. Also I doubt they can stop him, it's an instinctive thing with how he plays.
He is an excellent little bastard.

161107_Kent.jpg

With this beard, the People's Kent has thus fulfilled the prophecies and completed his transformation into full viking warrior. Sons of Odin arise!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The people's Kent is ready to dominate in 2017
schmuttt our boy might get so strong now he kills someone on field
In all seriousness he lost a little of his run and carry last year, not sure if he was carrying a back issue but he didn't have as much lateral movement and acceleration
However his field kicking improved immensely to the point that when on he is one of our better kicks (still prone to some tripe though)
His set shot kicking improved a little as well
He is our Paul Chapman, tough hard HFF who will drift into the middle

In all seriousness he lost a little of his run and carry last year, not sure if he was carrying a back issue but he didn't have as much lateral movement and acceleration
However his field kicking improved immensely to the point that when on he is one of our better kicks (still prone to some tripe though)

I like the Chappy comparison, I reckon he is basically a less skilled but quicker version of him. Was our best goal assist player in 2017 and should only get better, last year was his first full season without injuries in the seniors. Isn't rated highly at all by opposition supporters yet but I was pretty happy with him this year, reckon he'll start running with the ball a lot more in 2017.

When you look at both our forwardline and backline now it is clear Goodwin really wants everyone to have good mobility, even a natural FF like Weideman moves really nicely at ground level. I'm really happy with the development and chemistry we saw this year with Hogan/Watts/Kent/Garlett, just need Petracca to fix his set shots and like I said in another thread get 20 goals from Weid and Pedo combined.

I like the Chappy comparison, I reckon he is basically a less skilled but quicker version of him. Was our best goal assist player in 2017 and should only get better, last year was his first full season without injuries in the seniors. Isn't rated highly at all by opposition supporters yet but I was pretty happy with him this year, reckon he'll start running with the ball a lot more in 2017.

When you look at both our forwardline and backline now it is clear Goodwin really wants everyone to have good mobility, even a natural FF like Weideman moves really nicely at ground level. I'm really happy with the development and chemistry we saw this year with Hogan/Watts/Kent/Garlett, just need Petracca to fix his set shots and like I said in another thread get 20 goals from Weid and Pedo combined.

Yeah he certainly doesn't have the marking or the midfield ability of chappy but he can be that HFF enforcer like him who kicks a lot and sets up a lot of goals
His combination with Hogan is very good and will only get better and Watts can find anyone who makes smart movements with their leads and running patterns as well
Needs to help us hold the ball in the 50 better as well
I love the balance he gives us in attack because it allows us to attack wide on either wing with left and right footers

Get a room!

But yeah, kent's alright. My favourite ability he posses is the skill to annoy opposition players and supporters

You have essentially walked into our room with Kent and told us to get a room :p

I'm a fan of the people's Kent too. I love his 'tude. He is on the same wave length as Jeffy too, those guys give each other a lot of goals. Only question mark over him is his back and whether it's a degenerative problem or something he can get over 100%.
As you said Topkent, he's a very good field kick. He really has a booming kick on him which works a treat to clear the press for those slingshot coast to coast goals.

He will be excellent - injury the only issue. He is ancient demon's favourite player - its an attitude thing he likes.

Yeah he certainly doesn't have the marking or the midfield ability of chappy but he can be that HFF enforcer like him who kicks a lot and sets up a lot of goals
His combination with Hogan is very good and will only get better and Watts can find anyone who makes smart movements with their leads and running patterns as well
Needs to help us hold the ball in the 50 better as well
I love the balance he gives us in attack because it allows us to attack wide on either wing with left and right footers

Averaged 2.9 tackles a game last year, reckon that needs to be 4+ along with Garlett. Hogan and Watts also need to lift, they have horrible averages (Hogan 1.4 Watts 1.7).

Averaged 2.9 tackles a game last year, reckon that needs to be 4+ along with Garlett. Hogan and Watts also need to lift, they have horrible averages (Hogan 1.4 Watts 1.7).

This.

Everyone talks about our use off-half back being and skilled outside run being our biggest problems but for me it's the lack of pressure in our forward half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back