Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
This.

Everyone talks about our use off-half back being and skilled outside run being our biggest problems but for me it's the lack of pressure in our forward half.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if we were bottom 4 for tackles inside 50 and repeat entries, hogan and watts in particular are pathetic at it and if weid plays instead of Pedo it gets even worse
Probably leaves too much up to too few.. can't lay tackles if your the only one chasing cause they'll just flick the footy to another player
He will be excellent - injury the only issue. He is ancient demon's favourite player - its an attitude thing he likes.

He has that * you attitude, the 'you won't have an easy day playing on me attitude'
Sorta bloke that half way into the second you'd wanna belt because he's always in your face
Sorta bloke that breeds confidence and arrogance in his teammates
I'm a fan of the people's Kent too. I love his 'tude. He is on the same wave length as Jeffy too, those guys give each other a lot of goals. Only question mark over him is his back and whether it's a degenerative problem or something he can get over 100%.
As you said Topkent, he's a very good field kick. He really has a booming kick on him which works a treat to clear the press for those slingshot coast to coast goals.

Yeah his ability to run an carry and kick long on his left makes him so valuable in modern footy, he loves giving hogan a chance as well, I think he became less selfish last season which showed and didn't carry it as much, hope he finds a balance

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if we were bottom 4 for tackles inside 50 and repeat entries, hogan and watts in particular are pathetic at it and if weid plays instead of Pedo it gets even worse
Probably leaves too much up to too few.. can't lay tackles if your the only one chasing cause they'll just flick the footy to another player

He has that **** you attitude, the 'you won't have an easy day playing on me attitude'
Sorta bloke that half way into the second you'd wanna belt because he's always in your face
Sorta bloke that breeds confidence and arrogance in his teammates

Yeah his ability to run an carry and kick long on his left makes him so valuable in modern footy, he loves giving hogan a chance as well, I think he became less selfish last season which showed and didn't carry it as much, hope he finds a balance

I love his ability to take out an opposition player as they get rid of the ball without giving a free kick down field, sometimes this forces a turnover and doesn't earn him a tackle stat. Kent and Vanders both time these hits well. Do this consistently and it makes opposition defenders question whether they're safe every time they exit our 50.

From MFC website

"Kenty" lol...... Hope he goes up another level this year to cement himself as a real leader on field

Dean Kent

Kenty has still got that scintillating speed and game breaking tendencies. He’s a year older now and maturing. We think we’ve got a really good player, who will drive some elements of our game style better than anyone. He’s on his way.

Darhkuan

Senior List
Oct 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hes usually useful for 10-15 touches, a bit of pressure and 2 sneaky goals. Runs like a bat out of hell to get in position for a cheapy.

His field disposal though has been woeful this year, combined with poor decision making, he needs to go back to the vfl till he gets it right.

Was great last year, was great before he was dropped (especially the Geelong game). Has been shithouse since he came back.

And has no right foot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
To early to swing scythes.

Looks hampered by injury or something to me. Is he carrying something? I seem to remember an interrupted preseason with back spasms or something? Maybe I'm getting mixed up with Salem's brick fiasco.

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
He is a very hot and cold player, when he's hot he brilliant, when he's cold, he is stone cold.

Perhaps this game plan doesn't suit him? He seems to get stuck on the wrong side of his body so often this year.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
He is a very hot and cold player, when he's hot he brilliant, when he's cold, he is stone cold.

Perhaps this game plan doesn't suit him? He seems to get stuck on the wrong side of his body so often this year.
I think his movement, duck weave etc, is impeded. He's quite quick still, but his steering seems a bit jammed.

I hope after the bye we see a few players regain some spark.

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think his movement, duck weave etc, is impeded. He's quite quick still, but his steering seems a bit jammed.

I hope after the bye we see a few players regain some spark.

Could be that, or could be opposition players have figured out he has literally no right foot and just protect his left leg. He really should train to kick with his right foot, at least somewhat...surely

May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Very poor game from him and hasn't been clean all year. His goal kicking also strangely very poor. At his best he's a game breaking HFF who can hit lasers to Hogan and Watts.

Down, but no where near out.

There was a reason Goody omitted him for JKH and it's quite evident. Still gets a game though because JKH is worse. Still think he is useful, but needs to earn his keep

Bizarre to have him starting centre bounces on the wing. The man is a forward, and certainly not fit enough to play midfield. If you're looking for a flanker who can run and kick, he was inexplicably dropped and wears #15.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
His back still tight or what? Doesnt look right either way not tackling not chasing not doing alot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back