Past Gary Rohan (Missing: report any sightings to the Geelong physio) - traded 2018, to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Goal (Dennis where are you) in the goal square to win us the game.
Brilliant running mark that saved us against Hawthorn.
Now I admit I am not at the games as I am 500km or half way between Sydney and Melbourne, so I do not have the chance to see the Swans too often.
What I see so often on the TV coverage is ever present Buddy at half forward and at least two defenders hanging off him when the kick is directed to him from half back flank. So what are the options for the No.2 forward be it Reid or now McCartin. Both to my eyes ,mark a lot when in the true CHF position. Where does that leave the Noi.3 forward such as Rohan or Jack, frequently Parker and sometimes Kennedy.
Where do the latter two do most damage in the air...dead set in front 30 metres out, in the case of Parker for certain.
I cannot for the life of me see why the switch at half back to the middle and then onwards to Rohan of a fast lead, well away from Franklin is not utilised.
Gunston ands Breust for Hawks have made a living out of it, Roughead is the lead to open everything up on so many hit ups.
Sure the kick to the middle can be risky, getting out of bed comes sometimes also be risky.
We have seen Rohan on the fast lead and while he can drop some, confidence will build if he knows he has a chance of being utilised.
I just ask the question...should we trade him? Think about it folks, straight to Geelong where he would be a nightmare too dangerous to even contemplate.
Dangerfield leading right, Rohan to the left,... be wonderful to behold....i don't think.
We had great success when Buddy was out injured much to our astonishment. The forward plan was adjusted accordingly and now we reap the benefit of two great
small forwards.
A little more tinkering to what we ask of Buddy, how we use other alternatives especially in the case of Rohan and Hayward and we will be a nightmare for other teams to handle.
I think most team already think we are a nightmare to handle, but I do get your point. Gary's now 27 and tbh, I can't see him playing past 30. I think any year now, some young star will pop and replace him in the blink of any eye, perhaps not next year but fairly soon now. I would like to see him have a 'blow their sox of season' next year, but can't see that either. Think he'll be utilised in exactly the same way until he goes.

I think most team already think we are a nightmare to handle, but I do get your point. Gary's now 27 and tbh, I can't see him playing past 30. I think any year now, some young star will pop and replace him in the blink of any eye, perhaps not next year but fairly soon now. I would like to see him have a 'blow their sox of season' next year, but can't see that either. Think he'll be utilised in exactly the same way until he goes.
Has Ronke already done that?

If rohan cannot get his hands on the footy, the best way he can contribute to the team is apply manic pressure. Just bust a gut getting to every conest he can. I can live with him getting 6 touches a game if he can stick 5 + tackles a game and generally put the opposition under pressure because they know he is somewhere around.

More players will get rewarded senior footy after poor games because we haven't enough players. It is a breeding ground for poor form every time.

We have started addressing this and debuted some good kids

We just need to manage cap well from
Here and ensure we don’t force another Mitchell out (ie a clear best 22 out)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if he will be put up at years end

Don’t know

His body has taking a battering he has been a warrior in terms of courage imo

And losing one twin is would of sucked

But one thing I always see with Gary is he is positive

Think he would even happily play neafl all year and give it a red hot crack

With Harmes from Melbourne also breaking his hand and getting a plate inserted and looking to play on the weekend then....there is still a chance that it could be a one week injury for Gary if similar (obviously could be more severe) would like him to get another run at it this year regardless if in the reserves or seniors and play for his career.

I would be stunned if he was traded. He's one of Horse's favourites
I understand that you have no respect for Horse, but what about Harley? Because he would need to be allowing any of the coaches to have favourites...

I understand that you have no respect for Horse, but what about Harley? Because he would need to be allowing any of the coaches to have favourites...

Hey since when did I have no respect for Horse??

I think every coach has favourites irregardless of what their superiors think

Hey since when did I have no respect for Horse??

I think every coach has favourites irregardless of what their superiors think
Okay, I don't know what to say to that so I'll leave it there...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back