Delisted #16: Josh Begley - Not offered a contract for 2021

It makes you Telly Savalas in an Essendon jumper from where I'm sitting.
iFSz2GlVAP7j.gif

Does not getting this make me stupid?
No. I just reckon the guy in your av looks like Telly Savalas in an Essendon jumper.

It probably makes me stupid.

hurlygurdy

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Now that's a ******* photo!
But is it the fridge that moved or are you suggesting that the fridge is a little irate that the ball moved?

Hard to look at the pic and think he wont make it. Intent!
For the fun of it, someone dig me up photos that you would think would prove the ability of players but sadly didn't.

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Hard to imagine he used to be a little chubby.

Its amazing how some players turn up unfit and they just turn it around seemingly overnight and others never seem to get past it.
Though to be fair Begley had already improved in that area by the time he got drafted.

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Its amazing how some players turn up unfit and they just turn it around seemingly overnight and others never seem to get past it.
Though to be fair Begley had already improved in that area by the time he got drafted.
To be fair, a lot of it is DNA. Begley was a good endurance athlete who just needed to lose some pounds. Others can change body shape, and it helps, but still have the underlying issue of poor genetics.....

Remember the guys you played footy with who would run crazy poor beep tests or time trials despite training as hard as others and looking as fit as anyone else?For these guys the effort required to get AFL fit is massive. For Begs, he just needed to shed the puppy fat - which he has and then some!

Last edited:

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon

He's got great natural endurance. That always helps.

Not everyone gets that shredded naturally, either. Certainly not that quickly.

Back