Delisted #16: Josh Begley - Not offered a contract for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Says something when a players radar is as off as Begleys was, and looks as rusty as he did but stills manages to cobble together a pretty solid game. Will be better for the run, but don’t be too surprised to see him in and out of the team a bit this year. Unless, you know, he tears the sphincter out of Richmond and doesn’t look back...

4 behinds isnt great but good golly can he find the pill in dangerous spots

Looks a likely type, and I would hope he plays at least another 9 (of 13) games from here to end of the H &A season provided he shows the form he did saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For someone essentially gaining touch back on the fly putting 15ks on the GPS (5th most on the ground) and continuing to provide scoreboard impact and draw the ball is super pleasing.

With Stringer out we’re going to have to ask too much of him, I really hope he stands up. It’s a huge opportunity for him.

From a pre-draft interview...
What parts of your game do you know you’d need to work on if you were drafted?
“I definitely have to work on my endurance. Not having a TAC Cup pre-season, I’m probably a bit behind all the rest.”
Which AFL players do you particularly like to watch and model your game on?
“I’ve been told (I play like Melbourne’s) Christian Petracca and (Port Adelaide’s) Ollie Wines – that kind of contested midfielder/forward role, setting up the play for everyone in the forward line.”
so, looks like he's fixed the first part. What are his prospects of making it as an inside midfielder?

Working hard and marking better than Franga who prob needs a week off. Just needs to hit the scoreboard regularly

Frang doesn't need a rest. Rough night the other night but he's going okay. I think a good comparison of type is Himmelberg. Just kicked a bag on the weekend, but has been goalless three times this year and kicked 1 in three others. That is in one of the best teams in the competition with much better ball movement than us and he's had the better part of 50 games left doing little in the forward line. We really have to learn to be patient if we ever want to develop players properly.

At the ground and you can see how much he works. He needs to be smarter with where he works to though. He’s another player that just needs to stay in and learn at this level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back