Remove this Banner Ad

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Played the entire scratch match against Carlton as an inside mid.
Think he is good enough to be best 22.
Not sure whether it's another Woosha * up.
Lack of interest because of the above.
Talent wise I've ranked him and Francis [my favorite] as the best two.
I realize he has been surpassed by others but why.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Normally this forum is extremely keen on players that were originally playing on the half forward flank moving into the midfield. I'm expecting universal support for this development.

We should all be keen on a development which is a chance of us salvaging some of the talent on the list.

I doubt he gets many opportunities to play as a half forward.

It's an added bonus that it could help to address a weakness on the list.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
We should all be keen on a development which is a chance of us salvaging some of the talent on the list.

I doubt he gets many opportunities to play as a half forward.

It's an added bonus that it could help to address a weakness on the list.
He was drafted to be turned into a midfielder, the knee injury stalled his development.

Last edited:
Think he is good enough to be best 22.
Not sure whether it's another Woosha fu** up.
Lack of interest because of the above.
Talent wise I've ranked him and Francis [my favorite] as the best two.
I realize he has been surpassed by others but why.
What Woosha * up ? He got played very early on had a few injuries and did hi knee . Got straight back into the side after his return from the knee and then was dropped due to poor form which continued in the VFL .

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
What Woosha fu** up ? He got played very early on had a few injuries and did hi knee . Got straight back into the side after his return from the knee and then was dropped due to poor form which continued in the VFL .
Was only asking.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I treat with caution midfield expertise in a 12 on 12 game - There is far less congestion and more time to make decisions.

Baby steps, yaco55, jeez.

Getting one of these flankers to actually play a game in the middle is cause for celebration.

However, yes, you are correct. I suspect we won't be seeing such a freewheeling Hibberd playing AFL games.

What I would like to see is Hibberd, Begley and Clarke go head to head with our first choice centre square set up.

Baby steps, yaco55, jeez.

Getting one of these flankers to actually play a game in the middle is cause for celebration.

However, yes, you are correct. I suspect we won't be seeing such a freewheeling Hibberd playing AFL games.

What I would like to see is Hibberd, Begley and Clarke go head to head with our first choice centre square set up.

They may be competitive at the centre square clearances but will be torched across the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Emergency this week but I’m not really sure where he is in the pecking order, I’m assuming with everyone healthy and going he’s behind Heppell and Hibberd as inside players but is he now ahead of Clarke and maybe Guelfi?

Emergency this week but I’m not really sure where he is in the pecking order, I’m assuming with everyone healthy and going he’s behind Heppell and Hibberd as inside players but is he now ahead of Clarke and maybe Guelfi?
Inside player? Isn't he a forward? And then injuries and crap, not unlike Laverde

He seems to have played inside in the scratchies.
That explains why he's not getting a senior call up then with the way the forward line is atm. Must be trying to turn him into a 'big mid'....

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
I haven't seen or heard much about Begley in the last 12 months or so, but I don't think anyone with a straight face could say he can't bring whatever it is Townsend is 'bringing' to the senior side at the moment.

If he can't get a game in this rabble the papers must surely be stamped.

How is it he is not preferred to any of Townsend or Cahill. Mind boggles.

Lets be real though, Dick Reynolds would struggle to be named ahead of blokes like Zaharakis with this selection committee.

Back