Delisted #16: Josh Begley - Not offered a contract for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

http://m.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-12-14/dons-stars-on-track

Ben Howlett -
"Then you add in the likes of Andrew McGrath and one of the other young boys that I’m really interested in is Josh Begley – we call him the ‘fridge’ – he’s the Ollie Wines type and he’s looking a beauty so I’m really excited to see how those young guys go.”

Well I'm sold then.

William "the fridge" Perry

image.jpeg

one of the most beloved athletes in Chicago sports history

Let's hope he gives us reason to do the same at bomber land.
The quads are roughly similar so that's a start!

"The Fridge" is an awesome nickname Haha
96GF_3.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

think he'll push McGrath and Francis for 2nd most games from 1st -2nd yr players behind parish

think he'll push McGrath and Francis for 2nd most games from 1st -2nd yr players behind parish
Doubt it if you are including Tippa Hartley and Brown and Redman..
Hope you are right though, because if he jumps ahead it will because he demands selection..
I'm thinking he'll have a solid VFL grounding..2018 will be more his time.

Doubt it if you are including Tippa Hartley and Brown and Redman..
Hope you are right though, because if he jumps ahead it will because he demands selection..
I'm thinking he'll have a solid VFL grounding..2018 will be more his time.
You're right I didn't have tippa Hartley and brown my selections. Redman who I love I think is further in that 2018 is more his time bracket purely based on his side
I think if you take out parish tippa Hartley and brown the next best amount of games <13. How bout you?

You're right I didn't have tippa Hartley and brown my selections. Redman who I love I think is further in that 2018 is more his time bracket purely based on his side
I think if you take out parish tippa Hartley and brown the next best amount of games <13. How bout you?
I'm hoping the guy named after me plays 25 games next year..Dare to dream..

In reality though I can see most of the senior players getting a gig most of the year...Will depend on injuries as to which newbies get blooded....Macca the obvious exception

Have a bit to do with Eastern and you have scored a beauty. Would be stunned if he doesn't get games from the start of 2017. Could see him in many roles- maybe a S Dew ?
He has a wonderful penetrating kick (Josh Hunt, Dew), and has a real presence in the forward line. Was like a man playing boys at Eastern. The Petracca analogy is pretty good- not sure Begley has the aerial manoeuvrability that Christian has, but very envious you got him.

Ok. Watching that video and seeing a few of you struggle to see an AFL comparison, I am going to go with Dane Swan. If he has a slightly less expansive night life he could last longer.

So his stock kick is the shank, closely followed by the helicopter? At least we know he'll carve it up when he plays Essendon.... oh wait :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back