Delisted #16: Josh Begley - Not offered a contract for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

What a terrible blow for the young man. There's nothing worse in AFL than ACL's. They are just a horrible injury that take forever to come back from. Wish him all the best in his recovery.

absolutely should stay in. He will rip a game apart very soon. his attack on the ball and strength for a second year player who came in loving big macs is huge. Very, very soon opposition are going to s**t themselves when he’s around.

so ******* close. i’ve not been more confident about a player making it that i am about him after today.
You absolute ******* moron, Jmoo

It happened right in front of me, went down like he was shot and stayed down, so I ignored the ball and just focused on Begs. Just knew straight away it looked like an ACL, far too innocuous for an ankle like the radio was trying to claim, just gave me that rock in the pit of my stomach feeling like it was the start of a horror of a day. Unfortunately it was all too true.

Just an awful thing to happen to any player, let alone a young bloke just starting to string together some games. All the best to you Beggers, hopefully it's a swift and steady recovery.

It happened right in front of me, went down like he was shot and stayed down, so I ignored the ball and just focused on Begs. Just knew straight away it looked like an ACL, far too innocuous for an ankle like the radio was trying to claim, just gave me that rock in the pit of my stomach feeling like it was the start of a horror of a day. Unfortunately it was all too true.

Just an awful thing to happen to any player, let alone a young bloke just starting to string together some games. All the best to you Beggers, hopefully it's a swift and steady recovery.
Replay on TV knew it was a knee. Was the classic twist and knee buckled under him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude guys..
Terrible news.
These ****** ACL injuries to players are s**t. The worst news for any player.
Begley and Hartlett (PA) today.
We've had our fair share, but hate to see them at any club, for any player. Yep, even Carlton players!!

Hopefully he recovers well, and see him play next Anzac day game.

Cheers.

See ya next year Begs.

Stay off the Maccas and stay on that exercise bike after the operation. The hills will welcome you back very soon.

Remember it’s just another brick in the wall you have to push through to reach the heights we know you are capable of.

Terrible news and the incident seemed so minor which is why when it happened I feared the worst for Begs, ACL's are terrible but thankfully its round 6 and not round 22 meaning he would have missed all of next year as well wheres hopefully with good rehab he can be back by this time next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back