Delisted #16: Josh Begley - Not offered a contract for 2021

Probably stays in, maybe Brown to come in if Stringer doesn't get up.

I personally don’t think he’s in any danger at all, Brown or Francis for Stringer seems the move.

He’s getting up around the field and providing an option and still providing that heavy scoreboard impact close to goal which is his bread and butter. Fantastic feel for the goals and understanding on how to use his body.

I love that he had Barnards number, has a similarly ugly head on him, built like a brick shithouse, and amount of campaigner in him.

Not sure if he is best 22 yet, but he is getting great exposure and will be a future star of our club

the PILL

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2007
VICTORIA
AFL Club
Essendon
Yessss! He is starting to believe he belongs...

Lets face it, this kid has serious attributes and it's nice to see him learn a little bit more of how to use what's in his toolbox each game...

The Frdge has been my little guilty pleasure to give absolutely no judgement to and just watch him evolve, (little bit like that with the current No 15 too). Was extremely worried when he did his knee but thank God he has come through well!

Someone please gif his goal celebration to the hawthorne cheer squad.
I wonder if that flog standing up and leaning over the fence in the background to is going to cop a ban for player abuse?

NAB777

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I have been a believer for a long time... I reckon he is going to be a very important player for us in the coming years.

His kicking and decision making were poor last night. Made it up some way with those two goals. Should always be picked ahead of Bags.

I think his disposal/decision making has been poor pretty much every game. Definitely still adjusting to the speed in the seniors, once he tidies this up he will be a real weapon.

Who would have expected a bloke named Fridge and Mudguts would be one of the best runners in the team?

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
F0967DC5-D9DE-4A6F-BD73-A109297B2823.jpeg

cAsEy_18

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 13, 2007
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Yankees, Chelseas, YCW.
Is probably the 22nd picked atm. Has a lot of redeeming features which should always get him a game ahead of bags, but his decision making & disposal concerns me.

Prob keeps his spot for now.

Shouldn’t do, he’s actially a beautiful kick of the footy, both for goal and in play (even if it didn’t show last night)

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins
Tough crowd... I think he's tracking beautifully after coming off of a full knee reco for a power player. He's only played 12 games in total and only 3 of them after the reco.

Exactly, prior to his knee his delivery of the ball was exceptional. Give the kid a chance to settle and build.

Jul 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Pacers
That he is doing well enough to be picked as forward so early in his career and while coming back from injury is a great sign.

The idea of him, Laverde, and Langford building into players capable of splitting their time 50-50 between midfield and forward next year and beyond is bloody exciting (not to mention Stringer, Walla and Fantasia who can also rotate through there). We haven't had genuine midfield depth like that for a long time.

Back