#16 - Kade Kolodjashnij - traded to MFC with May for pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately it seems like he's been caught on CCTV getting in a scrap at the pub aswell so he still would be ******.
True. He’s going to have to learn to cope with a level of scrutiny. Just a guess but I suspect being in a smaller, 2 club city is going to make life harder for him in this regard.

Bit of a coincidence but I was talking to ancient yesterday about Hogan going home at the time he did - right when Melbourne start to get things together and have a couple of finals wins and start getting some attention as possible contenders. A really ambitious, focussed player would be determined to get back on the park and hopefully be there for finals 2019. The fact that he decided to bail at that point doesn’t really speak volumes for his personal drive or resilience. I could be totally wrong though.

I’ve just realised we’re in the KK thread. I guess he won’t mind.

True. He’s going to have to learn to cope with a level of scrutiny. Just a guess but I suspect being in a smaller, 2 club city is going to make life harder for him in this regard.

Bit of a coincidence but I was talking to ancient yesterday about Hogan going home at the time he did - right when Melbourne start to get things together and have a couple of finals wins and start getting some attention as possible contenders. A really ambitious, focussed player would be determined to get back on the park and hopefully be there for finals 2019. The fact that he decided to bail at that point doesn’t really speak volumes for his personal drive or resilience. I could be totally wrong though.

I’ve just realised we’re in the KK thread. I guess he won’t mind.

Id rather an AFL player just came out and said, I like getting on the piss just like a normal 24 year old. If your 9 year old is copying my behaviour then sort out your parenting.

Im not sure Hogan really cares that much about footy, I remember a radio interview where he didnt know who Garry Lyon was a couple years ago, I thought he was taking the piss but now im not so sure. I dont think hes a footy head and I dont think he particularly cares that much about being the best forward in the league. Seems like he moved so he could be back in his own friend group getting on it with all his boyz

KK should get filmed doing something other than training if he wants to be filmed, an im sure he reads this so come on KK

Id rather an AFL player just came out and said, I like getting on the piss just like a normal 24 year old. If your 9 year old is copying my behaviour then sort out your parenting.

Im not sure Hogan really cares that much about footy, I remember a radio interview where he didnt know who Garry Lyon was a couple years ago, I thought he was taking the piss but now im not so sure. I dont think hes a footy head and I dont think he particularly cares that much about being the best forward in the league. Seems like he moved so he could be back in his own friend group getting on it with all his boyz

KK should get filmed doing something other than training if he wants to be filmed, an im sure he reads this so come on KK
I would probably agree with this - him not being a footy head. He’s a talented player but I don’t think he has the right combination of ingredients mentally to become a great player.

I would probably agree with this - him not being a footy head. He’s a talented player but I don’t think he has the right combination of ingredients mentally to become a great player.

It's weird that he became a worse player deep inside 50 than his first year an a bit. Like every other forward in history has gone the other way.

He got up the ground as his fitness improved an he clearly trains hard at cardio because you can't fake your way through that but I just didn't see his technical skills improving.
Simon Goodwin is literally best mates with Wayne Carey yet i only ever remember hearing he had a single coffee with him. He should have been doing anything he could to learn from him.

Dermott is always willing to spend time with young key forwards as is Browny.

Especially key to me was when David Schwartz had a go at him over his poor kicking an he fired back with some comments. In isolation I'd love to see more blokes do that as it's funny but I think when a Melbourne club legend says something about your on field performances maybe you should listen?

Very pleased to see him in the VFL this week. I don’t think he’ll play more than 10 games for the MFC but when you have lives of footy players genuinely ruined by concussion any return to health/footy should be taken seriously as a good thing. Same goes for Gus, even if he’s wasting his talent 😭

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 23 it seemed that Steak Knives is still struggling with his concussion. Fingers crossed he can still get back to his best. Otherwise I'd say likely delisted/retires after or during the 20' season.

Round 23 it seemed that Steak Knives is still struggling with his concussion. Fingers crossed he can still get back to his best. Otherwise I'd say likely delisted/retires after or during the 20' season.
At this stage I’m unclear who the steak knives were in the deal.

Seems pretty optimistic about next year for now:

Can't trust anything a bloke with a head injury says.

He honestly looks a bit off to me. This has ‘lawsuit which sinks the MFC’ all over it

Didn't watch it but just the still from the video looks like a cancer patient. Didn't take him long to drop the Gold Coast tan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back