#16 - Kade Kolodjashnij - traded to MFC with May for pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

We got him for next to nothing so if he doesn't play again it's no issue

May will be much better in 2020 when he is under 100kg

We got him for next to nothing so if he doesn't play again it's no issue

May will be much better in 2020 when he is under 100kg
I expect the club to announce a sponsorship deal with Carlton Pure Blonde soon.

Probably should talk to Brayshaw about it, I know they say helmets don't help prevent concussions but Brayshaw hasn't had a problem since he's been wearing one. Could just be a coincidence but at this point he needs to try anything.

Probably should talk to Brayshaw about it, I know they say helmets don't help prevent concussions but Brayshaw hasn't had a problem since he's been wearing one. Could just be a coincidence but at this point he needs to try anything.
Pretty sure he wears one

I didn't remember him wearing one ANZAC eve, this isn't that game, but here's kk not wearing a helmet (Did wear one at times a the3 Suns tho)
660657-tlslargelandscape.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🙈 helmets do nothing to stop concussion.
Perhaps not, but since brayshaw has been wearing a helmet he hasn't had any problems. KK is at the point of his career where he has to try something otherwise he'll have to retire for his own well being. Brayshaw was in the exact same position as kk, just a few years ago we were all concerned for brayshaw. I still remember nathan burke giving brayshaw advice because he to had problems. The point is he has to try something.

Helmets mightn't help, but they certainly don't make it worse, so why not?
Someone will make the argument now that they ‘put players in danger because they make them overconfident’ or something, which might have relevance in American football but doesn’t in Aus.

Helmets mightn't help, but they certainly don't make it worse, so why not?

For something that doesn't help, players with concussion histories sure do seem to fair a lot better with them on.

I wish people would stop trotting out the helmets don’t help concussion.

Helmets of a different kind in a different sport have been tested and shown not to prevent concussion. Bang your head hard enough and your brain slops around in its own goop, yes.

What hasn’t been adequately shown is whether in particular sports such as afl - a helmet might lessen the severity of the blow hence lessen the number and severity of concussions. It’s literally still an open question - proper tests on this kind of thing are difficult to manufacture for obvious reasons. In the meantime, given brain damage is a pretty big deal, I see nothing wrong with a player with a history (or any player) choosing to wrap their head up.

I wish people would stop trotting out the helmets don’t help concussion.

Helmets of a different kind in a different sport have been tested and shown not to prevent concussion. Bang your head hard enough and your brain slops around in its own goop, yes.

What hasn’t been adequately shown is whether in particular sports such as afl - a helmet might lessen the severity of the blow hence lessen the number and severity of concussions. It’s literally still an open question - proper tests on this kind of thing are difficult to manufacture for obvious reasons. In the meantime, given brain damage is a pretty big deal, I see nothing wrong with a player with a history (or any player) choosing to wrap their head up.
So you're saying there is evidence that helmets dont help yet * all that they do help but you want people to stop saying they dont work? Saying that id want someone wearing a helmet with brain issues

So you're saying there is evidence that helmets dont help yet fu** all that they do help but you want people to stop saying they dont work? Saying that id want someone wearing a helmet with brain issues
No that’s not remotely what I’m saying

Dude will cash cheques from the Dee's and not play pretty much all next season only to be delisted with a few extra bucks in his pocket!
Exactly. He's cooked. Not worth risking more damage either. I'm actually surprised both parties didn't come to an agreement to retire this offseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back