The Washington Generals
ScottThompson_lrg.jpg

Fast Facts
Jumper Number: 37
Height: 190.4
Weight: 85.3
DOB: 9/05/1986
Recruited From: GEELONG (VFL)

Medium defender who uses the ball well. Excellent reader of the play who had an outstanding finals series for Geelong in the VFL competition including premiership.

Re: Scott Thompson

Can we see him get a defensive post in the starting 22? He was drafted as a mature age player so I'm assuming the coach has earmarked him for a role early on. Thoughts?

Re: 37. Scott Thompson

Ahh, me young lad Thompson.

I believe that for quite a bit of this year we will see a Thommo at the top and at the bottom of our team on the Footy Show lineup graphic. Will do a lot to shore up our troubled defense and assist in releasing JWS and Firrito more into the midfield.

Re: Scott Thompson

Can we see him get a defensive post in the starting 22? He was drafted as a mature age player so I'm assuming the coach has earmarked him for a role early on. Thoughts?

I think there is a very strong chance of him and Smith playing in the seniors if they put in a strong showing in the pre-season.

Is he tall enough to hold down full back?

Is he quick enough to hold down a flank?

I saw him a few times playing for the VFL and he looked tall enough for a key position at that level but AFL is a different test altogether.

Maybe he's competing with Gibbo and Watt as one of the spare parts men???

I saw him a few times playing for the VFL and he looked tall enough for a key position at that level but AFL is a different test altogether.

Doubt that

At 190cm and 85kg I don't think there's much chance of him playing KPP. That puts him in the Smith size, only smaller with Smith being 191cm and 87kg.
Yes and this would be my guess as to the role he'll be playing.
He isn't. My thoughts are he'll be competing with Watt for a position. If he has good ball usage and can shut down a man Watt could find himself in strife. At the moment you would assume Watt has first dibs but that could change very quickly.
Watt yes but I don't think he'd be taking the place of Gibson. Gibson may only be 190cm, but he's physically better suited to playing on forwards that may be out of his weight division. Thompson is more like Watt and we all saw what happened to Watt when he had to play on gorilla forwards, he got spanked because he wasn't physically capable. I think Thompson witll be competing with Watt, Pratt & Firrito for one of the HBF spots with Watt being the only guy he may possibly dislodge. He's got no chance of dislodging Pratt & Firrito.

Said in the Age that Scotty was your best. How did you guys see his game (no Foxtel for me damn it!)? Was a very handy player in the VFL and looked to be a Matty Scarlett clone on occasions. Zones off his man very well and sets up a lot of forward thrusts. With Egan and Scarlett out ATM he'd be a certain starter at the cattery if you guys didn't beat us to the punch on draft day.

i like him. he looks like a North player and goes about it without fuss and is happy to bang into blokes. seems fairly well composed too. our band of backmen grows!!

You guys have got a bloody steal there.
As before mentioned, Looks like a Scarlett clone the way he plays.
Pi$$ed off Geelong never got him. :mad:

You guys have got a bloody steal there.
As before mentioned, Looks like a Scarlett clone the way he plays.
Pi$$ed off Geelong never got him. :mad:

He certainly does look handy, and I will be mildly surprised if he doesn't line up in round 1.:thumbsu:

Say, you don't happen to have any handy 193 + sized defenders hidden down sleepy hollow way, by any chance?

Thomo would be a big chance for round 1. Was a dominant midfielder in his junior days, poked a few down my throat. Then grew about 2 feet and took up a key position with South Barwon in the Geelong Footy League and the the Geelong VFL side. Will be a handy player and if can get his composure and confidence up early will be a regular.

Good luck to him too, cause he is a genuinely good bloke and deserves it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will he play round 1? Like the look of him, had a great year with Geelong in the VFL:thumbsu:

yeah me to has done well to come from a local league and to make into the big time what an effort.

Hmm... haven't seen this thread topic before.

Look, Leigh Brown will be playing every position in the backline, unfortunately leaving no room for Scotty.

Leigh Brown= The Clinical Difference.

Oh, and enjoy your bans. :)

not in your wildest DREAMs

I'd say he might get a game some time. I would also say your in trouble for starting this thread but i could be wrong.:rolleyes:
They should be ok MODS HAVE GONE SOFT AGAIN!!!! When will they break their silence?

In case you didn't read.
k2jgk.jpg

Haha.....now bombersmad has had a sook and started a thread on Bay 13, about this board, for the replies he got.

Comedy. Fcuking. Gold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back