Past #16: Scott Thompson - to retire end of 2019 season - thanks Scott

Never thought Thommo was going anywhere, could never imagine seeing him any rival colours, bloke is a true shinboner, but at his age, 1 year contracts are the way we roll. Still playing good football, in fact, up until late in the season when he got injured, i reckon his game, particularly his kicking, improved noticeably.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Had a fantastic start to the year but tapered off a bit.

I honestly hope he days of competiting with the big tall forwards is over. Hopefully McKay and Daw can fill that role, which will allow Thompson to play as that third tall which he excels in.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Had a fantastic start to the year but tapered off a bit.

I honestly hope he days of competiting with the big tall forwards is over. Hopefully McKay and Daw can fill that role, which will allow Thompson to play as that third tall which he excels in.

He was definitely sore after the bye. He’s that type of player that plays putrid footy when he is only 70-80% right

Need to be giving him plenty of rest in 2019 to make sure he’s cherry ripe

Long Live the King

Premiership Player
Feb 24, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good outcome and planning by the club. Another 12 months mentoring of Daw and maybe Mckay.Immediate need was to bolster mids which it appears we are on the way to covering so fast forward 12 months Id expect North will be hunting a key defender who will come in for Scooter and to support Taz.

I thought his career was over a year or two ago, but this season he was close to his best, at least for most of it. Happy he has re-signed and I hope he will be a good mentor for our young up and coming defenders.

Back