Past #16: Scott Thompson - to retire end of 2019 season - thanks Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

I am sure that you are aware that he has won the award before. Top 10 is poor by his standards.

Except when the bloke who wins it made the AA team and is the best player in his position league wide and had a great year.

Who was Thompson seriously going to beat?

Am I the only one here who doesn't think he was putrid? I know he was down on previous years but I never saw him as a glaring weakness like many did.

I wouldn't have called him putrid. I thought as a unit North's defence was really strong in the last half of the season. Maybe the sum of its parts was greater than the individual parts on their own.

He set the bar pretty high several years ago, he was winning one on ones left right and centre, i remember him ripping Cloke a new one too.... he is not putrid, but he is average at best at the moment....

I think the pressure of being AA got to him....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was in my local supermarket tonight. Had a quick chat , he said he had a corky and should be ok for this week.
Will also say a well mannered guy and looks taller in the flesh than on tv
Should have asked him where the AA Thompson is. Before I get my head chewed off here, I love Scotty but if he can get somewhere near that AA form, we become a far, far better side

Should have asked him where the AA Thompson is. Before I get my head chewed off here, I love Scotty but if he can get somewhere near that AA form, we become a far, far better side

Yeah, that seems like a respectful way to address a complete stranger in the supermarket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back