Retired #16: Tayte Pears - Has announced his retirement - 8/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 28, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
559966_3845290669594_1274112053_n.jpg

One of the steals I reckon.

Re: Tayte Pears

Definately. I rated him very highly and thought it was very unlikely he'd slip to pick 23, but look what happened. All smiles from me :D:D:D

First footage of Seen of Pears.

With this the only footage i've seen. I'll make an uneducated statement and say he looks good. Ticks boxes - Pace, first grab marking / ball gathering, disposal, balance, aggression.

Anyone got some info on what his weeknesses are. Didn't look like he's got much of a left foot in the footage shown here. Other than that. Anybody got anything to add?

Cheers,

i spoke to someone "in the know" and he told me that pears is a similar player to that of adam hunter.

i only saw him play in the carnival but would others who have seen more of him play tend to agree with that comparison?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: 16.Tayte Pears

He is a very quick tall defender, uses the ball pretty well and attacks the footy damn hard. Look forward to seeing him in action thorughout next season !

I'm starting to get the feeling that he's being groomed for a role similar to that if Sean Wellman back in the day.

The guy that'll hurt you on the rebound with good skills and pretty good pace but at the same time be handy in a contest.

I certainly wouldn't mind if he ended up in Wellers' class.

He is a very quick tall defender, uses the ball pretty well and attacks the footy damn hard. Look forward to seeing him in action thorughout next season !

And another thing he can do, which we have been crying out for for years, is he can shut down an opponent.

We need 1 of him or Darcy to be able to turn into a lock down backman, hopefully Darcy, as we need one badly.

I'm starting to get the feeling that he's being groomed for a role similar to that if Sean Wellman back in the day.

The guy that'll hurt you on the rebound with good skills and pretty good pace but at the same time be handy in a contest.

I certainly wouldn't mind if he ended up in Wellers' class.

If he can he turn out to be half as good as Wellman, i'll be rapt. Like Ryder Is God said will be the steal of the draft.

We got very good value for this pick - I'm looking forward to seeing Tayte in the red n black in '08.

Pears Is a Legend! Rated him highly from the beginning. Didnt think we would get at Pick 23

He may actually wind up a half back flanker who can pinch hit in the midfield due to his pace and skills in close, very similar prospect to David myers with a more mature frame at this point in time IMO (just hasn't had the experience that Myers has in the midfield).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back