Past Zac Foot - delisted 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

aoBMePHp.jpg

Zac Foot

Player Profile

The Sydney Swans snapped up Zac Foot with pick 51 at the 2018 AFL Draft and the Dandenong Stingrays product has shown tantalising signs ever since. The youngster’s phenomenal speed and urgency to take the game on were on show in the NEAFL in 2019, while he scored a number of goals that were nothing short of exhilarating. In Sydney’s clash with the Northern Territory Thunder in Round 14, he latched on to the footy on the left wing, took three bounces and slotted a goal to seal the game for the Swans late in the final term. Foot was a stand-out in Sydney’s 2020 pre-season campaign, often leading the team in short, fast repetition work and impressing with his work ethic. The Victorian is pushing hard for a spot on a wing or in the forward line in Sydney’s senior side in 2020.

Zac Foot

DOB: 24 December 2000
DRAFT: 2018
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Elizabeth Murdoch College (Vic)/Dande U18

Last edited:

Looked clean! I saw him copping it online for giving off to Dawson instead of having a shot on debut, but to me I thought it showed a lot of maturity and composure in the moment to recognise that when you have Dawson free to have a shot from outside 50, just get it to him.

Wish him all the best.

I don’t think he had enough attributes to be an AFL footballer and no obvious position. No quick or skilful enough for wing nor powerful enough for mids, didn’t appear to have significant goal sense or tackling ability to be a small forward. At best he could have been made a small defender but he has established competition there too that have shown more.

Good on him for giving it a crack and if it’s the end of the road he did manage a couple of AFL games including kicking a goal that he can remember fondly.

Good luck Zac, I remember the preseason insight video from last year, and him talking about cutting out alcohol in the offseason, and being ahead in all the running drills before the seniors came back.

sad reality of professional sport and I hope he finds a place in AFL or otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back