• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Which is your favourite, and where do the other fall?

2017 - drought breaker, beat Adelaide by 48 points after an even first half.
2019 - redemption, beat GWS after dominating all day.
2020 - dynasty maker, beat Geelong 31 points, coming back from 15 points down at half time.

For me I can't go past 2017. Breaking the drought was so special and got that monkey off our back. Next is 2020, just to really cement the team's place in history. 2019 rates last, easiest GF victory of the three and I don't really subscribe to us needing redemtion.

17 was immense as I had To wait 37 years for it... 19 was great and I would have been happy with those two ... but 20 this is the ultimate one... I have sat through so many beltings from the Cats and Abletts Over the years... we owed this mob and god it taste sweet
Agree with the above but 2020 is the current one so right now it is the only 1 I care about, against the Cats who were our bogy side for many years, coming from behind, we looked to be in trouble but dominated in the end, and the fact I got to spend it with family & 300 WA RFC Supporters Club at a venue in Perth. Go Tigers...... Let the Dynasty continue

can there be a i love them all equally version?

so hard to split em as

17 the drought breaker, the day where i couldnt believe we actually won and legit sat there stunned that we did. meant so much to me and to so many ppl and * the party afterwards

19 the game i actually went to in real life which was again a special moment for me and one i will treasure forever in my life
add to the fact half the game was basically a party and was legit the most calming and exciting game ive been to

20 the back to back premiership , the flag where everything was against us and we stuck it up everyone, the game where we made our stamp in afl/vfl history by becoming the BEST team of all time in afl/vfl history and dusty stamping himself as the best player in vfl/afl history

so its hard, 17 drought breaker, 19 game i actually went to 20 history made, i love em all

2017 Was our best overall finals performance
2018 was our best home and away season, we just failed come finals
2019 was a perfect GF win
But i think our 2020 was just better, tough season, away from home, Cats put in a better performance than GWS last year. Not only that but we had lost our most important defender AND Grimes didnt even have his best game

Last night's game will go down as one of the legendary Grand Finals. Come from behind, down a man the whole game and Dusty confirmed what we all knew. 2020 is the greatest for me, it's just epic. Our third back to back.

20 easily.

I actually could enjoy it.

20 is dessert.

17 was shock therapy,. Could not enjoy it, was surreal, that was the electric shock on the canvas. In a daze for months

19 was finding my humanity again, being able to move.

After 20, I can walk around with a smile on my face. I am happpy.

After twenty, belief is back, there is a God!!

Last edited:
Great thread.

20 for me don't know why. Maybe it's because I have a short memory and still so excited from last night. Or maybe it's because this is the one I did not want us to lose.

Married a Geelong girl where before I came into the family they didn't even know what football was. You bet your bottom dollar I was getting texts all week from all of them.

Or maybe it's the come back. The other games were over pretty early and this one looked over at half time but not for us. We came from 22 points down to win by 31. What a turn around.

20, 17, 19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing will ever beat the emotion and enormity of 17, no contest.

While I enjoyed the 2019 season more, 2020 is the greatest achievement of the club group in this era.
This. While 2020 was probably the hardest fought of them all and the one I couldn't bare to lose the most, 2017 was enormous. I couldn't help but cry. and winning the first one in my lifetime was incredible.

Very hard to split 17 and 20. Probably being a prisoner of the moment but I'll say 2020, game was not being played on our terms and we were up against it heading into the 2nd half. Huge performance in the 2nd half and the flag that cements this team's legacy.

2017 was what everyone has said, the drought breaker was and will always be special. Tough to decide but I'm leaning towards 2020 for now, time may change my perception.

17 because it was my first ever grand final and it was exciting.

20, because I haven't decided yet, but it will come to me

19, just because we'd had it won really early so I was drunk by the middle of the 3rd lol

Based on the entire finals series.
17 was the best natural high you could ever get. That Prelim and Swan St afterparty makes it #1.

19 was pure enjoyment from start to finish. Such dominant performances.

20 was just extreme satisfaction and relief after everything we've copped this year. Couldn't have been much harder for us to win it.

I'd go 17 > 20 = 19.

Each of the 3 flags have so much meaning and context within them, I could argue why each of them is better than the other. That’s why I love this club so much, what an amazing group of selfless and dedicated individuals from top to bottom, absolute class in both victory and defeat. And what an amazing ride we’ve all been on in the last 4 years, who would have thought it would be our turn this time in 2016 to form a dynasty? This club is amazing

Love them all for different reasons. I think 20 is the most satisfying given the year and to be fair, the better opposition on the day. As much as I can’t stand Chris Scott he is a good coach.

To beat your closest competitor after a come from behind win in those circumstances? Off a road win against Port? Pretty hard to top that.

'17 was great and I can see why people are voting for it, but I think last night was sensational.

If you're an oppo well '17 is a charity flag ala the Bulldogs, well done guys in getting the monkey off your back. And '19 was probably grudging respect but how s**t were the giants and gifted too many home games, so sort of cheating.

But winning another one back to back, doing it the hard way, with a way harder finals series, trailing at half time, only for Dusty to enter undisputed god mode for all to see, well that was just about the most amazing thing I have ever seen.

Would be interested to see if the old timers vote '67 as the best because it also ended a drought. For me, 2020 is the best of the three and possibly the best of all our 13 premierships.

Like choosing kids (I don't have any) I assume.

'17 (speaks for itself)
'19 (getting back after '18 is my main reason for this and we won like 12 games in a row)
'20 (mainly due to actual 'feeling', me not being there, disappointment of COVID etc)

I think all premierships are hard to win, and how amazing is it that we've now all seen at least 3. So lucky

17 was awesome, that drought breaking flag was just unbelievable, 19 was the most relaxed I’ve ever been in a final, we knew the winner half way through the second quarter, and 20, 20 is just so satisfying, Geelong were the one team I did not want to lose a Grand Final to and we didn’t. We all said high risk high reward after Geelong beat Brisbane and I think that’s exactly what this flag was. So for me it’s 20, 17 then 19.

They have all been satisfying in their own way. 2017 is the best for the fans. But I think 2020 is the most impressive in terms of what the team has pulled off. Degree of difficulty was higher.

Pretty sure our 2020 team would beat the other two.

2017 for me the actual game itself , although the after GF party in 2019 was better , as i got into London Tavern straight after game and ended up at crown until 6 am, 2017 i ran out of steam at around 3 am lol delicious.

Back