• 20, 19, 17

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

PaulBulluss

Debutant
Apr 10, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
2017 - Felt surreal and wasn't sure we actually deserved it or just pinched one.

2019 - Great redemption story and with all the injuries throughout the year to go 2 from 3 was amazing.

2020 - My favourite. This was the first GF I felt we played for more than just a flag. Back-to-back and 3 from 4, we do this and no argument against us stands up. Also, wanted so badly for Dusty to get another Norm Smith and cement himself as the GOAT. And I have to admit, beating another Vic side, albeit at the Gabba, was extra sweet.

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
I actually rate 2020 the highest of the lot because of all the hurdles the side overcame.

Easy to forget how dire they were in the first few weeks after return from lockdown; seemed their hearts weren't in it. When Houli and Edwards weren't even going to the hub it almost felt like the year was a write-off.

But they started winning and doing the hard yards. I began to believe after they belted Brisbane but thought they'd missed their chance for sure after losing the first final. And yet here we are. A remarkable triumph.

The feeling of 17 can never be replicated for me. Simply an amazing feeling.

In terms of wanting to win because I hate these campaigners, then 20 is the one! In order

17-20-19

smurfin

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
Central Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
can there be a i love them all equally version?

so hard to split em as

17 the drought breaker, the day where i couldnt believe we actually won and legit sat there stunned that we did. meant so much to me and to so many ppl and **** the party afterwards

19 the game i actually went to in real life which was again a special moment for me and one i will treasure forever in my life
add to the fact half the game was basically a party and was legit the most calming and exciting game ive been to

20 the back to back premiership , the flag where everything was against us and we stuck it up everyone, the game where we made our stamp in afl/vfl history by becoming the BEST team of all time in afl/vfl history and dusty stamping himself as the best player in vfl/afl history

so its hard, 17 drought breaker, 19 game i actually went to 20 history made, i love em all

This is exactly me as well.
I suspect as time goes by 2019 will become my favourite as it's the only one I went to, and unless we play Gold Coast or Norf in a grand final I'm not sure I'll ever have the chance to get a ticket again.
But at the moment it's probably still 2017 for me.

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Like many have said, 2017 was just surreal. I walked around for weeks thinking it was still a dream. I loved the after party which could never be rivaled.

2019 was great for getting revenge for bombing out the year before and for the Marlion Pickett story on the day which I found emotional. The game itself was an annihilation and I was there relaxed and I'm usually always stressed because of years of mental torture and scarring. The last quarter avalanche was especailly enjoyable knowing the Big Big Sound were never going to win.

But for me, even though I wasn't there this time, 2020 stands as a monumental achievement. We won with no home ground advantage for most of the year and in any final. We won with scandals and controversy that saw just about anyone who wasn't Richmond hating us. We won without any extra break over a team in the finals. We won with one man down after just 5 minutes in the game with that guy having been our best defender and general down back all year. We won after being dominated and looking lost till just before half time. We won with just guts and determination and with a freak of nature called Dusty on our side. We beat our nemesis who had buried us so many times up until 2017, that we at one stage must have thought we had been 600 ft under not just 6 ft under. We beat a team whose coach had always never given us credit and forced him to finally fess up. We finally got people to stand up and think we are a genuinely great side, not a side that only wins at home with advantages.

For me, 2020 was the sweetest victory of all and a win for the ages.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
In 2020 all top teams were loaded and ready

Cats - Full strength and desperate and hungry
Port - Team of the year similar to richmond 2018 , Most dominant team and top table all year grand final was a given
Brisbane - A year older and more experience than 2019 and hungry and full strength to win a flag in queensland -Primed
Collingwood - Won the unwinnable game in WA and were primed to meet the tigers in a GF but a stronger harder more powerful cats team got in the way
Eagles - Would not have surprised anybody to see the eagles as premiers and 1 of the most talented team in the right age bracket

St Kilda - Very much a more dangerous team that plays their fast running attacking football and wouldnt have surprised if they did a Richmond 2017
Doggies - Probably the weakest team in 2020 finals but very capable of beating every team participating

All the competitors were extremely hungry and strong this year and with the issue's we had during the year i feel so blessed to have witnessed a Richmond back 2 back premiership

Go Tigers

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
In 2020 all top teams were loaded and ready

Cats - Full strength and desperate and hungry
Port - Team of the year similar to richmond 2018 , Most dominant team and top table all year grand final was a given
Brisbane - A year older and more experience than 2019 and hungry and full strength to win a flag in queensland -Primed
Collingwood - Won the unwinnable game in WA and were primed to meet the tigers in a GF but a stronger harder more powerful cats team got in the way
Eagles - Would not have surprised anybody to see the eagles as premiers and 1 of the most talented team in the right age bracket

St Kilda - Very much a more dangerous team that plays their fast running attacking football and wouldnt have surprised if they did a Richmond 2017
Doggies - Probably the weakest team in 2020 finals but very capable of beating every team participating

All the competitors were extremely hungry and strong this year and with the issue's we had during the year i feel so blessed to have witnessed a Richmond back 2 back premiership

Go Tigers
Yess!!!! And the best part was I got to see the end! :)

CASEYS9420

Club Legend
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Funnily enough the game I go back to and rewatch the most is the 17' Geelong QF. For me that game means everything, it was the breakthrough performance not only for us in finals but against the Cats too who had terrorized us for a decade/s, plus its a cracker of a game too. It propelled us straight into the prelim with a glorious two week buildup around Richmond, yep for me nothing beats 2017s buildup and after-party, and no negative saltiness from outsiders too, it was just the best. Like everyone else probably 20' next, then 19' but I love them all lol.

Vassp

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
17 for wow, we did it, finally. OMG yeah, I need to scream.
20 for wow, i didn't expect it after all the out we had during the year and turmoil, OMG, we beat Geelong, we beat Covid.
19 for ok, we should've won it in 2018, it was a smashing of GWS. ill take it and then some.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I have no doubt ........... NO DOUBT WHATSOEVA !!

If it was not for the 1st quarter of the prelim in 18' where cox kicked his goals and played only 1 out of 2 quarters of his afl football career thats even close to afl level on a sick David Astbury we would have beaten the eagles and maybe had 4 in a row.

French Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2004
Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa ,Goldern State
17 , I never thought I’d see a Tiger premiership , reward for all of us had had supported the club through thick & thin

19 , backed up from the disappointment of 18 & proved to everyone that we were a great side ! Plus all the injuries & 12!on the trot was a brilliant effort

20, once again injuries & off field controversies couldn’t stop this mighty side

This was the best & most satisfying of the lot , all the haters , losing the first final & coming back from where we were late in the 2nd qtr

2020 for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did not find 19 dull

I prefer a measure of competition to find a match enjoyable.

2019 was over by half time (and even that's being generous).

Back