• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
can there be a i love them all equally version?

so hard to split em as

17 the drought breaker, the day where i couldnt believe we actually won and legit sat there stunned that we did. meant so much to me and to so many ppl and **** the party afterwards

19 the game i actually went to in real life which was again a special moment for me and one i will treasure forever in my life
add to the fact half the game was basically a party and was legit the most calming and exciting game ive been to

20 the back to back premiership , the flag where everything was against us and we stuck it up everyone, the game where we made our stamp in afl/vfl history by becoming the BEST team of all time in afl/vfl history and dusty stamping himself as the best player in vfl/afl history

so its hard, 17 drought breaker, 19 game i actually went to 20 history made, i love em all
This is me, right down to which game I got to.

Can't disagree with a word of this.

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
17 was awesome, that drought breaking flag was just unbelievable, 19 was the most relaxed I’ve ever been in a final, we knew the winner half way through the second quarter, and 20, 20 is just so satisfying, Geelong were the one team I did not want to lose a Grand Final to and we didn’t. We all said high risk high reward after Geelong beat Brisbane and I think that’s exactly what this flag was. So for me it’s 20, 17 then 19.
19, so relaxed. I sat up in the 2nd back row with Tommy from Berwick (I've never found him). We looked at each other after 5 minutes, laughed and said, dis gon' be good. We knew then.
WatchOMeter by the time i die:
17-120 to 140 times
20-119 - 139
19-Just over 10
I've watched 19 a stack. There's lots of things in there I really like. I think because we were dominant, individual acts in this one were up there.
Funnily enough the game I go back to and rewatch the most is the 17' Geelong QF. For me that game means everything, it was the breakthrough performance not only for us in finals but against the Cats too who had terrorized us for a decade/s, plus its a cracker of a game too. It propelled us straight into the prelim with a glorious two week buildup around Richmond, yep for me nothing beats 2017s buildup and after-party, and no negative saltiness from outsiders too, it was just the best. Like everyone else probably 20' next, then 19' but I love them all lol.
Bingo!!!!

I've watched this so many more times than any GF. This game is a drug I just can't give up.

I also watch the 17PF quite a bit. That's the maddest game I've ever been to.

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
19, so relaxed. I sat up in the 2nd back row with Tommy from Berwick (I've never found him). We looked at each other after 5 minutes, laughed and said, dis gon' be good. We knew then.

I've watched 19 a stack. There's lots of things in there I really like. I think because we were dominant, individual acts in this one were up there.

Bingo!!!!

I've watched this so many more times than any GF. This game is a drug I just can't give up.

I also watch the 17PF quite a bit. That's the maddest game I've ever been to.

Ive watched all finals many many times but Geelong finals are my favs in 17 & 19.

However, I’ve only watched saints replay once, just feels like a home and away game TBH.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Funnily enough the game I go back to and rewatch the most is the 17' Geelong QF. For me that game means everything, it was the breakthrough performance not only for us in finals but against the Cats too who had terrorized us for a decade/s, plus its a cracker of a game too. It propelled us straight into the prelim with a glorious two week buildup around Richmond, yep for me nothing beats 2017s buildup and after-party, and no negative saltiness from outsiders too, it was just the best. Like everyone else probably 20' next, then 19' but I love them all lol.
Taking the emotion out of the 17GF and what it meant to all of us(Nothing could beat it).Your right the 17QF was the start of this dynasty.Getting that Geelong Monkey off our back was enormous.Its ironic that the roles are reversed.We have their measure when it matters.
If i was to rank all our winning finals without the emotion.
17QF
20GF
20PF
17GF
19PF
17PF
18QF
20SF

Sep 19, 2006
AFL Club
Richmond
17 by a long way since it was the first one I have witnessed and didn't expect it.

19 was next, because I felt it was more for the players and staff, we did the impossible that season coming back with most of out list out injured and somehow still won it. The game was so one sided, but that was due to our dominance.

20 was the next best but was mainly due to the dynasty cemented. Unfortunately we weren't able to be there, so the feeling isn't exactly the same. I also didn't like the night time factor, didn't feel as much like a GF. Every GF has a moment when you just know inside that we've got this and for me it was dusty's third. I knew we had it then. Just wish we could have been there to celebrate with everyone.

17 was paradise. Surprise and wonder, It was the end of a drought.

20 was so tough, and against a great side (hate to say it). And we are categorically a dynasty and still powering on.

19 was really good, lots of injuries and rejuvenation after the disappointment of 18. But the GF was a massacre - which was also awesome.

in that order

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Taking the emotion out of the 17GF and what it meant to all of us(Nothing could beat it).Your right the 17QF was the start of this dynasty.Getting that Geelong Monkey off our back was enormous.Its ironic that the roles are reversed.We have their measure when it matters.
If i was to rank all our winning finals without the emotion.
17QF
20GF
20PF
17GF
19PF
17PF
18QF
20SF
I agree about beating a bogey team as well had extra value. I'd go:
17GF
20GF
17QF
17PF
20PF
19PF
18QF
20SF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Given I never attended a game all year 20 will never rate with me. 17 all the way from 19
opposite here. Never seen so much footy as in 2020. Including a GF. first since 74. Being the Gabba wasn't quite the MCG atmosphere but I'll take it. Being down at half time I thought we may lose it. The 2020 PF was nerve racking too. Just couldn't put em away
Even though I wasn't at the 2017 GF still the most important by a long shot.

tony__montana

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
17 - just think back at your thought process and mentality during that year after what we as a supporter group had been through for 35 years(especially after the 4 close losses in a row). To not only go deep into finals but to destroy everyone in our path - a real juggernaut run - is nuts when you think about it. The crowds and atmosphere were next level. When you watch the replays, our supporters were roaring in goals as soon as they left the boot lol arrogant campaigners. The QF monkey off the back was pure emotional release as a supporter, the prelim final atmosphere was something never before seen, the feeling that we were on our way to a GF was intense - I believed after that and felt confident we wouldnt be stopped

19 was special for me personally bc it was the first GF I attended after having many opportunities to do so over the years but never taking it up - I always promised myself my first GF would be to watch the tigs! It was perfection, nervous for a qtr and a half and then enjoyed the massacre for the rest of the day, its what footy supporter dreams are made of to bask in the glory of your sides demolition job in a GF. It's also up there bc halfway through 2018 it was obvious we had a side capable of winning more than 1 premiership and when that reality hits you suddenly want another one that much more after probably saying Im content after 2017. Then 2018 PF happened, then the injuries in 2019 happened and you start thinking, are we missing an opportunity? So to then regroup and smash it in was pretty special and satisfying.

20 I loved bc it was Geelong, beating them in the finals in all 3 premierships is cathartic after what those campaigners put us through for 30 years. Number 3 cements us as a truly great side and gives us full value of our window. To do it after the season we had, the attacks from the media drumming up controversy out of nothing, the character assassination of Lynch and to a lesser extent Grimes and Vlastuin, being almost 2 men down 5 minutes into a GF, being 21points down and to win easily with shortened qtrs is a pretty speacial win as well. Not to mention the gutsy win in Adelaide on prelim final night where we just seemed to get stronger and stronger as the game wore on. What a team.

I shed a tear twice in the last 4 years - Prelim final 2017 when Dusty put us 30odd points up, knowing we were finally going to the big dance and winning 2020 GF.

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
17 -> 19 -> 20

Was able to get to both 17 and 19. Don't care that it was a blow out in 2019 it was ******* glorious to be able to head down to the bar half way through the last to get 4 beers and be able to sit back and enjoy them. Obviously the 2017 was something else, an experience I'll never forget.

Rifles

All Australian
Apr 11, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
19 PF was an absolute cracker and I think stamped our authority as league leader. The salties were all over us that second quarter. And yet.... a sublime first minute in the third and monster quarter by lynch - who could easily have kicked a couple more - shattered geebung's belief and entire system. Eerily similar to the 20 GF. They've almost conceded they can't beat us when it counts. I don't think they pay three first rounders for Cameron if they thought they they were a chance. We might meet them again in 21. Would be amazing.

rank and file

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2013
michael mitchell country
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
bell park
Obviously the Killers think 17
FB_IMG_1606030756429.jpg

Cheers Jack

Back