Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 20, 17, 19

Votes: 31 17.7%
  • 20, 19, 17

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
17 was my first so it almost sits separate to the rest, but I'd have to say

20. 17. 19.

We copped so much s**t this year, some warranted, a lot of it not warranted. I felt like we played against a team that really challenged us. The comeback. The B2B. The hurdles throughout the year.

Just a mammoth effort this season. Only the very best could do it. Cemented ourselves as a great team. Made it hard for oppo supporters to deny.

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Just to mix things up.
What was the better prelim?
17 agains the giants? Best atmosphere in world sport that day.
19 against the Cats. Good comeback win
20 against the best team of the year on their home deck.

17 was still the winner for me
The 17 PF was incredible. Never experienced something like that and I doubt I ever will again and that was just the crowd. The game itself is one of my favourites. We just look so good and ready.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Just to mix things up.
What was the better prelim?
17 agains the giants? Best atmosphere in world sport that day.
19 against the Cats. Good comeback win
20 against the best team of the year on their home deck.

17 was still the winner for me
2019 for me. Felt like it was 2018 all over again in the second quarter, thought we were gone. Then pulled out my all time favourite quarter in the third, the G was absolutely pumping.

17 I think for me will be one of the hardest to beat favourite moments of all time. I think the early injury to Ben Griffiths early in 2017 weirdly had a lot to do with our success that year - forced Dimma to relook at our forward/ruck structure, which led to the discovery of an almost Essendon-like ‘searing pressure’ gameplan and the rest is history!

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
The 17 PF was incredible. Never experienced something like that and I doubt I ever will again and that was just the crowd. The game itself is one of my favourites. We just look so good and ready.
Yep. I remember thinking at the end of the game no matter what happens next week I can actually see my team in a GF. I was 27 that year so hadn’t seen any success

Tygrys

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2009
Dallas, Texas
AFL Club
Richmond
19 is my favourite. Mardi Gras for 3/4s plus it reaffirmed that 17 wasn't an aberration, it was like as if we we won two premierships in one day. 17 was great because it broke the drought but also because it was clear that for most of the last quarter we were going to win. 2020 was very satisfying but nerve wracking. Only felt safe to celebrate in the last five minutes. Yes it was a famous hard fought victory but it wasn't 'fun' like the other two.

Anyhow to put it into perspective there is a Collingwood thread that asked the question if they are cursed. One of the interesting comments there is that they never seem to win Grand Finals unless they are heavily favoured to win and even when the do win it's invariably a tense close nail biting contest. It's always a brutal struggle with no opportunity to celebrate during the match. Again this might not be a popular opinion but it made me very appreciative of the fact that historically since 1969 when we win grand finals we tend to do it very well.

Anyhow I might appreciate the Geelong victory more now that we won it, but I 'enjoyed' the other two more, it's just great knowing that you can't lose with so much of the game to play.

Last edited:

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I am the only one so far to vote 20 19 17. Voted on the degree of difficulty we faced to win the flag.

1606043178851.png

RobsJourney

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
2017 for me.

Spent the first bit of the week shitting bricks waiting to see if Cotchin would get off for his bump on Shiel.

Got almost no work done all week, nerves jangling constantly.

Night before the game I visit my sister and nephews, have this triple cheese Lasagna and end up with something akin to gastro, up till 3am now actually shitting bricks.

Go to pre-game function in the Maurice Rioli room all dressed up, feeling shithouse, trying to start on the beers by lunchtime, visiting the bathroom every 30 minutes or so.

Walked into the stadium and it's like a switch flicked; I immediately recovered fully, can't explain it.

All week I never expected to win, was just so stoked to finally be into a Grand Final and actually going to it too. But thought Adelaide would prove too strong and their first two goals had me thinking yep, they are.

What followed, especially in those crazy first ten minutes or so of the third quarter, was something so crazy that my memory of it is still a whirlwind. What was unfolding before us... I just couldn't believe it, the crowd noise was somehow almost still as loud as the Prelim the week before, cheering the loudest I ever have but now basically toward the heavens after every goal, hugging my Dad, strangers, it was just absolutely amazing, absolute delirium.

I shed a few tears on the day and wish I could relive it just as fresh, albeit minus the initial gastro-esque issues. Was just a whirlwind of noise, hugging, something like disbelief coated with this ever-rising mad happiness as we piled on the goals.

Yeah, it was an amazing day :)

2019 was amazing after the year we had, having lost Rance, half the team at various points, the 2018 Prelim. It proved 2017 wasn't a fluke, not that I ever cared nor thought it was personally. I fondly remember the lovely Spring day that it was and how the air/haze almost had a golden shimmer to it at the game. The team colour combination probably helped that. I filmed Cotchin's goal on my phone and will keep that video forever.

2020 was just a crazy, crazy achievement, what an amazing team. Who knows where to from here, but either way we're one of the great sides now and we had to do it exceptionally hard in two of the seasons, more so than perhaps other "dynasty" sides had to. Sad not to have been able to be there but either way, such a great win.

But again, all in all, 2017 for me. That finals series was as good a footy as we've played in almost ever. I'll never forget being at the QF, PF and GF, and the noise of the Tiger army throughout.

🐅 🐅 🐅

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Would have said 17 would be impossible to beat at the start of 2020. 37 years since our last Premiership, the emotion shown by my favourite Tiger- Richo. Benny and Peggy in the stands. The Killers and their new pasty red headed lead.

But gotta say this years rivalled it, we had to dig deep so often during the year, and just continued to find a way. Dusty effort just about the best individual performance I’ve witnessed in a GF

Dont_Argue

17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 22, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm putting 19 up there purely for sentimental reasons because I got to go to the game with my mum whos also an avid tiges fan. Sue me.

From an objective game perspective I'm going 17, 20, 19.

17 edges it for being the drought breaker + jack fronting the killers for mr brightside.

Easily my favorite question when my mates ask me to rank them.
I always start with “well I’d go 21,17..” then I’m cut off and told to STFU!

2017 all the way. But probably even better is that we beat the Cats in each and every one of those years and those replays get the most work other than the 2017 GF. I hate the Cats so much. They can eat a big bag of dicks.

Back