Past #17: Aaron Mullett - 85 NM games/31 goals - ‘11 Rookie Draft - Fish —> Carlton as DFA Nov’17

Remove this Banner Ad

Give me 10 games of Mr September over 20 games from Mullett.
Good luck to Fish though. Good depth player, made a massive fist of the caper coming off the rookie list. Will get picked up as a DFA I reckon.

At his Current output, it would take Mr. Wright 3 years to get to those 10 games. At least Fish gets out on the footy field. That was the point I was making.

I feel like maybe he didn’t tackle enough and wasn’t too good 1v1. Wasn’t attractive to other clubs

Maybe in 2018 we are looking for a defensive pressure list

This is just speculation

At his Current output, it would take Mr. Wright 3 years to get to those 10 games. At least Fish gets out on the footy field. That was the point I was making.
We've got younger and better players who can get out on the field and play Mullett's role and develop in that time. Wright could come good and he's good enough to wait for. He could be back to 100% in three years and would be our best HBF. Mullett has never been our best anything.
Mullett over Wright would be like delisting Tarrant to keep a spot for Luke Delaney.

I dont understand the point of playing Mullett and Gibson all season if we were going to get rid of them at the end of the year. Surely once the season is shot there is no point playing people that arent going to be on you list the next year?

I dont understand the point of playing Mullett and Gibson all season if we were going to get rid of them at the end of the year. Surely once the season is shot there is no point playing people that arent going to be on you list the next year?

I suggest the point of playing Mullett was to establish if he had any more in him. Just like Brad McKenzie the year before. He doesn't in the eyes of the club so he moves on.

Our injury list also did not help, he was the best of what was left to play.

We've got younger and better players who can get out on the field and play Mullett's role and develop in that time. Wright could come good and he's good enough to wait for. He could be back to 100% in three years and would be our best HBF. Mullett has never been our best anything.
Mullett over Wright would be like delisting Tarrant to keep a spot for Luke Delaney.
I thought he was our best goal kicking half back flanker. Very sorry to see him go and hoping he gets picked up by another club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll miss his raking left foot nailing goals from 50 on the run, but that's not what you want in your deep defenders. A tad surprised by this delisting given his age but we never played him in a position to capitalise on his strength (the above goal kicking) or when we did he proved himself a one way runner.

Defending, and blanketting his opponent, never seemed a strength of his.

He was likely shopped around for zero bites.

Thanks anyway Fishy.

Wagner I understand but Mullett very unlucky, thought he had a solid season and was probably the only player I was comfortable taking the kick outs. Hope he can get a spot on another list.

We didn't have many fit players left at the end of the year - who was playing in the 2's that should have got a run?

Always liked the Fish. Tough luck Wright has a contract as I would of kept him on over Sammy. At least Fish has a bit of pace.

Unbelieveable! Do not undestand this one at all. Wright will be at great risk of re-injury next year. Who else have we got to play in this role? Shizen.

Williams, Macmillan and Hibberd would all be preferred as small defenders assuming Wright is injured. Atley, McDonald, Mountford and Clarke can all play across half back if need be as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back